“Best Wet Jambalaya!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Stopped here for a quick Lunch ,was surprised how busy the place was ,but that's because the Food was GOOD.
Best Wet Jambalaya with shrimp and andouille sausage.
Service was quick ,Good Server.

1  Thank Sobetree

Reviewed 9 January 2016

I didn't think scramble eggs could be messed up until I ate at city diner. the waitress was very rude and looked like she just rolled out a dumpster. Where do they find these people?

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

The wait staff is a joke, they played around the whole time behind the counter, our waiter paid no attention to us at all didn't even get a refill. My girlfriends order was wrong we told the waiter extra cheese on her philly cheese steak and when we questioned him about it he's like you didn't ask for extra cheese... I ordered a sweet potato fries and it was literally like 10 fries for 2.99 what a freaking rip off!!! Oh and there was hair in my girlfriends sandwich.... Be warned

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Open 24 hours a day - breakfast served anytime. Huge breakfasts - especially the Hash Brown specials! Omelets are excellent. A good variety of Cajun dishes - flavored just right! Jambalaya either with noodles or rice, and of course Red Beans & Rice!! The country fried steak is huge and is bragged about far and wide (try it!!). But if you order "pancakes" for breakfast, you may want to get just ONE! And don't make a mistake and order a "short stack". They are as large, and come served on a large pizza pan. They are delicious!!! The only "complaint" was that their Po-boy's don't come on that good crunchy French bread New Orleans is known for...but a multi-grain Hoagie roll. I had the Oyster Po-boy and it was wonderful, but would have been even better with real French bread.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed 13 November 2015

I stayed at the LaQuinta a few nights ago and was in town on business. I arrived rather late in the evening, and wanted to crab a bite to eat. I saw the City Diner was located next to the hotel, and decided to give it a try. It was a little busy when I arrived, and I think they where a little short on staff so I almost left. I am glad I didn't. Shortly there after I placed my order for take out and received my order rather fast. I had the country-fried steak with sausage gravy, mashed potatoes, and the veg of the day. All of my items where packed well, and everything was still hot when I got back to my room.
I could say the country-fried steak was some of the best I have ever tried. Very large portion, and the sausage gravy was awesome with plenty of nice size pieces of sausage. The potatoes where home made with pieces of red skin potatoes mashed with a brown gravy that was also very tasty.
The next time I am in town I would definitely return, as the food was so good I would even go out of my way for this great comfort food.

1  Thank Lowendbob

Been to City Diner? Share your experiences!