All reviews cindy bishop new orleans front desk room was clean french quarter cafe du monde yogurt the breakfast area hot breakfast hard boiled eggs beignets housekeeping staff easy access nola area staff was very friendly and helpful definitely stay here again restaurants and shopping
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I've stayed here a number of times and never any complaints. From check in to check out, always went smooth. The staff, room, and breakfast met my expectations. When I come back to New Orleans, will definitely stay here again!

Room tip: Good location!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2016

We stayed at this hotel for Mardi Gras, the hotel was very clean and the employees was very friendly. Bed was very comfortable, easy access to the interstate and for the parades. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2016

My husband, myself and some friends of mine, went to New Orleans from my birthday!! He didn’t realize that the Jazz Festival was during this weekend, so many of the hotels were booked up. Luckily, my husband found a couple of vacancies here at the Sleep Inn.

We stayed here for 2 nights. There were two other couples on the trip with us that stayed down the hall from us. When we arrived, we were greeted very pleasantly and made to feel very welcome. The appearance of the hotel on the outside is regular and the parking is limited in the actual parking lot that the hotel sits on, however, there is additional free parking in the adjacent parking lot (not the covered parking though). The area surrounding the hotel was congested like someone decided to build a hotel right in the middle of an area for small businesses but not too congested where you would feel uncomfortable. I guess I am use to a lot of space between a hotel and other buildings. The inside of the hotel lobby is fresh and very inviting. I would post pictures but my husband deleted them by mistake. If you need a visual guide, the professional pictures are very accurate though.

We made it too our room (205), which was beautiful. I am very partial to green, so I loved the green walls and the brown wood. The bed looked and felt so comfy and the sheets were so soft, crisp and clean. We had a room with a king or queen (not sure) bed and a couch that was supposed to be a sofa bed but I never did check to see if it would pull out. The bath room was very clean, with a jet tube large enough for 2 people to sit in together comfortably. Ummm yesss! Not that I was going to take a bath but it was nice to have. And by the way, the bath tub looked like it was just shipped from the manufacturer. My friends took part in watching the cable , taking a bath and they also have free Wi-Fi (with no access code), so you just jump on. I made access to the coffee they had hot in fresh, all day in the lobby. I would also go to the front desk and regularly ask for bottled water. I’m not sure if it was supposed to be complimentary or not but they were nice enough to give it to me when I asked. They also have free breakfast (eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles, yogurt, juice, etc.).

One thing I might add is that my friends room had a smell, like maybe they had a smoking room and the cleaning crew steamed the floor or something, I don’t know. She didn’t complain but opened the window to let it air out. By the time we came back to the hotel, it wasn’t there anymore. Looking at her room closely, as well as mine, you could tell that perhaps it was an older room that was gutted out and remodeled. The rooms looked very nice but may have little hints of being an older but hip hotel. But nevertheless, she loved and felt very comfortable in the room.

The ice machine is on the 1st and 3rd floor, just wanted to through that in there.

Also, if you don’t have plans to really travel to the tourist spots and would just like a little drink or bit to eat, there is a lounge right across the street. Easy to get to and they have drink specials as well as pool tables. I didn’t take part to this but if I wasn’t on Bourbon street the entire time, I would have.

The hotel was very quiet and peaceful. Close enough to the partying but far enough so that you could relax. All in all, the customer service at this hotel was awesome. I have stayed many places in many cities and I have never been taken care like this before. Don’t get me wrong, other hotels did great but this place seemed like they enjoyed interacting with people and seeing a smile on your face. Even the house keeper taking care of our room, she was really friendly and very helpful. Very willing to talk to you and answer any questions you have. I didn’t run into everyone that worked here but I feel confident, they would have treated me the same way. So if you are looking for visually pleasing, clean, comfortable and EXCELLENT customer service, this is a great place to stay. If I am ever in the NO again, I will most definitely stay here.

Room tip: Big Room is 205. Everythign is new, hugh jetted tube big enough for 2 adults (hint hing).
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Ms. Hope2332 ...
So great to hear you, your husband & friends had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday. I'll be sure to pass along your detailed review, which we appreciate you taking the time in writing & posting. We're lucky to have an "excellent" staff, from housekeeping to the front desk. It's like they say, if you want the good food & fun places to go, ask a local. Well, just ask our staff. And don't forget, Falcons here in September if you're thinking of a trip down but can't promise a fun Monday night. Geaux Saints! Again, thank you for all the kind words.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This time of year hotel prices in the New Orleans area can get crazy. Jazz Fest and the French Quarter Festival bring in a flood of tourists. The weather is beautiful, just before the summer heat and humidity hit. My usual hotel had doubled their rate the Tuesday and Wednesday before Jazz Fest, so I found a good rate for the Sleep Inn on line.

The staff was wonderful, the room was clean and well equipped and quiet. I'm a yogurt and bagel breakfast person, but the spread they put out looked very good. Because I spend 50+ nights a year in hotels on business, I have to spend time in the evening working at the desk provided. And now the only black mark on this hotel or any other. Make the owner sit in that terrible, broken desk chair you have in my room. I would rather have a folding chair than one where my chin is even with the top of the desk!

Room tip: The turn in to get from Clearview to the frontage road can be tricky so be extra careful.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2016

The staff at this hotel were great, thanks George and Cindy! We stayed overnight before leaving on a cruise, left our car there for the week and didn't ever feel we had to worry. Safe area and great staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel.