“Great Family Lunch”
Review of Bistro Orleans

Bistro Orleans
Ranked #67 of 535 Restaurants in Metairie
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Description: Chef Archie Saurage, born & raised in New Orleans, specializes in classic and casual dining offering all fresh ingredients to his soups and sauces. They are all fresh and homemade. Serving Louisiana gulf seafood, local Des Allemands wild caught catfish & unique Italian dishes with the perfect kick. You must see the oyster bar with raw & char-broiled oysters. Our restaurant has a New Orleans historical and jazz atmosphere as well as a private room for parties or special events. Visit our lounge area & carnival time lounge.
Reviewed September 1, 2015

Recently had lunch at Bistro Orleans with a large family gathering and we tried almost everything on the menu. The best thing about this restaurant is that they have something on the menu for everyone. Salad with grilled shrimp, pasta trout almandine, fried oysters, shrimp and catfish. Just to name a few of the items we ordered. Our server was helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone enjoyed, I was picking up the check so that made me very happy!

Reviewed August 10, 2015

As others have said they really fry seafood perfectly. My wife's shrimp salad had to much salad dressing. Get it on the side. The seafood gumbo has okra in it, which seems to be used less & less by local restaurants. It was good but I prefer a thicker presentation. I had a pasta with shrimp and Italian sausage that was very good. They gave me a couple of toasted & seasoned French bread rounds that were perfect. Ask for more. They do po-boys very well also.
The service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed June 17, 2015

Gosh I hadn't seen shrimp boats since my college Lakeview days! It was a neat treat down nostalgia lane! The gumbo was "de-lish" and my friends enjoyed their raw oysters on the half shell and BB-Qued shrimp! The Bloody Mary was a real kick too. I fully plan to visit this New Orleans tasty gem again soon and bring all my out of town guests to visit as well. It was a an authentic meal with friends that was not hard on the budget either!

Reviewed April 30, 2015

We frequent this restaurant because they really fry their seafood to perfection. My husband is very particular about his oysters fried just right. A must have is their great
Toasted Almond and Oyster Caesar salad, you would think you died and went to heaven. They also have a beautiful Mardi Gras bar, its large has flat screens and lots of comfortable seating. Been going to Bistro since they were on Houma Blvd, and
love their new location with a lot more seating. They also have great oyster specials when in season.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

They just moved from a smaller location to a bigger one. Their food is excellent, well portioned and prices are reasonable. Good ambience.

Been to Bistro Orleans? Share your experiences!