“Delicious old New Orleans family restaurant”

Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurant, Live Oak
Ranked #32 of 546 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Stumbled on this place while in Metairie. What a great find. Large menu with Italian dishes, seafood choices, home cooking specials. I had the chicken livers, fried to perfection and tender! Hubby had spaghetti and meatballs. Generous portions and the salad and sides were so good. The pepper jelly served with the livers was great. Very reasonably priced. Service was friendly and prompt. Will certainly be back to try some other items.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

My brother invited me to dinner at one of our local restaurants. We headed here, my first time. Mr. Ed's has local beers on tap, a plus for me. Our waiter Jeffery was friendly and helpful. Took our drinks orders and food orders. Ordered the eggplant casserole and white beans with ride and sausage. Both entrees came hot and flavorful. Nice large portions that we took half of each home. Good Southern style cooking with generous portions.

Reviewed June 13, 2017

I love my roast beef poboys sloppy and dressed with my Barq's root beer and Mr. Ed's sure delivers! The service was great and their selection of food is vast and delicious. Live Oak is out towards the end of Bonabel Blvd in Metairie and it is a great neighborhood restaurant. They have great Italian and New Orleans cuisine.

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Good, solid, well prepared New Orleans style seafood and a great selection of Italian favorites, too. A great bowl of turtle soup for a lead in. Very good fried chicken as well. Try a seafood platter if you're real hungry. Very comfortable dining areas or you can eat at the bar. Friendly staff and competitive prices.

Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

Everything thing was amazing the service was great and the food was even better try the turtle soup it was absolutely delicious!