“Excellent service, unassuming atmosphere”

Uchi Sushi & Hibachi
Ranked #70 of 535 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

During my husband's hospital stay, I visited Uchi Sushi one Sunday afternoon in search of clear broth. The wait staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The house salad with ginger dressing was delicious and the baked salmon was excellent. The clear broth and the miso soup were both good. Great place, great food. Don't pass up an opportunity to eat here.

Reviewed February 23, 2017

I've been looking for a good, reliable replacement for the old Ninja and have found generally mediocrity, inconsistency, coldness or surliness. I think Uchi has broken that string.

I believe Uchi is run by the original Little Tokyo folks from back when. The chefs are friendly and talkative, so sitting at the bar is a lot of fun. The such is also very good. I look forward to more visits to explore more thoroughly, but it's tops on my list for now!

Reviewed October 18, 2016

I had lunch here with my GF during a vacation. It was her choice as hibachi is not normally a choice I would make.

I am so glad we decided to go here. My GF tried a couple rolls (smoked salmon and tempura shrimp) and a selection from the hibachi (chicken and shrimp). There was enough food for 2-3 meals. Per GF everything she had was very good. I even tried the smoked salmon roll and it was not bad (as someone who doesn't really do sushi).

I had tempura shrimp and miso soup. Both were delicious. Everything was fresh and flavorful. The staff was also very friendly especially to the two groups of regulars that came in for lunch while we were there. I would definitely go here again when in the area.

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

Holy crap!!! This place is amazing! Very wide variety of rolls, from the typical sushi fare, to some creative and delicious New Orleans themed rolls. May I suggest the Cajun roll....deep fried sushi??!!! Yes please! There is also a Cajun miso soup and Cajun gyoza dumpling that is pure sin!! Service is prompt, courteous and efficient, and prices are better than the competition. I'm really shocked they are not always slammed!!!

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Their sushi dishes are top notch and they have a very large selection of sushi. They also have a very good Hibachi. The wait staff is efficient and friendly. If you are a sushi lover, you need to give Uchi Sushi a try - you won't regret your decision.

Been to Uchi Sushi & Hibachi? Share your experiences!