All reviews would stay again safe area great place to stay refrigerator repair quarter
Reviewed May 12, 2018

The satellite has been going in and out since March. As time has progressed to this point, May, the satellite still has not been repaired and you can only get a few local channels like PBS, ABC and NBC. Two months! And nothing has been done about it. I overlooked the filthy rooms, hallways, etc because I figured I could put up with anything for a couple of months while waiting to be relocated (work) if the hotel would allow pets. But, the lose of cable/satellite TV is asking too much. What really makes me angry is that I paid $300.00 non-refundable pet fee. I am having to move again, because this hotel reneged on our contract, at no fault of my own. I gave a 2 rating on this hotel only because the staff is very nice. It's not their fault. The fault is Reggie, the District Director. He has done absolutely NOTHING to resolve this issue. I got a survey shortly after I moved it asking how the room is. I said the staff is nice but really, the hotel is absolutely filthy. The response I got back was to the effects of "We hope you'll give us another chance."

Room Tip: The rooms, hallways, lobby are filthy. The linens, blankets,etc are filthy.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. Our management team has been made aware of your concerns, and we appreciate you bringing the maintenance issues to our attention. We hope to have this matter resolved quickly, and we thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Stay away from this place. I found out the hard way that this isn't a regular hotel that will attend to guests needs. This is like a self service place where you do everything yourself including taking out your own trash! What a waste. Upon my check-in the lights in the room didn't work, also no trash can. I spoke with front desk Britney and she was very pleasant and quickly took care of the problems. Small kitchenette was dusty, moldy, smelled. Fridge soiled. I ignored this because I wasn't planning on using that area anyway, but the bathroom was disappointing. The pictures speak for themselves. Dog hair everywhere, on the carpet , on the bed sheets, it was all over my socks and bottom of my pajamas. The next night I couln't rest because of all the loud noises. Walls very thin and sounded like a herd of buffalo had checked in and was staying above me, the room next door you could hear the person sneeze. It was terrible. I had to have my tv on all night to try to drown out all the noise. In the morning I complained to Latisha and she really didn't apologize but told me all the "rules" and what extended stay really was. She also told me the manager would be in later if I wanted to talk to him. I told her I was going to enjoy my vacation and I didn't have time to wait around for someone who would only tell me the same things. It wasn't like I could get a better price or refund. She then informed me that the rooms are cleaned once a week, the bedding isn't changed but once a week and you have to take out your own trash and place it in bins in a dirty room at the end of each floor. There were suppose to be clean trash bags for you to replace your trash can bags with but there weren't any. I went back to the front desk to complain and Latisha gave me bags, then she gave me another room. This room was better because it was on the third floor with no one above me. The bathroom still had problems. The shower curtain bar was broken and hung forward making it difficult to use the toilet. Moldy trash spilling out of a bag was in the stairwells , left by other guests and food on the carpet in the hallway. I could go on and on and on but the bottom line is SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. This place was not worth the price I paid. Value for non- service stay should have been less than $50 a night.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank chrysansis
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you encountered so many difficulties during your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these issues from happening again. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with a better hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will give us that chance in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

dirty room, unfriendly staff, manager appears to be about 16 years old. Stay away. found two cockroaches in the bathroom and the "kitchen" is a joke. Getting extra towels was like pulling teeth around here.

Room Tip: stay away this is not your hotel
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

We sincerely apologize for the service and cleanliness issues you encountered during your visit. We have room inspection processes in place, and we are working with our Head of Housekeeping to see where we dropped the ball. It's our goal to provide an excellent customer experience and we hope you will give us another opportunity to prove this to you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

Very disappointed - had to bring linen to lobby in order to get replacements, no coffee pot or coffee in room, pitiful breakfast choices, no hair dryer and had to request dishes. Price was NOT a bargain either.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Linda, thank you for your staying with us and for providing your feedback. We apologize our hotel and amenities were not to your expectations. Our hotel is designed for guests staying a week or more at a time, who prefer a home-like living experience and they bring their own personal items. So we certainly understand why you may have found our amenities a bit different than traditional hotels. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Checked in and immediately I questioned my judgement from the front door. The lady at the counter was very nice and informative. The carpets down the halls had clumps of dirt, beer can in the stairwell. Got to my room. Fridge still had food in it from previous guest and the smell was funky. Again the counters were dirty with grease and the floor was sticky. If housekeeping can’t do floors, counters, or push a vacuum what makes me think the sheets have been changed?
Seriously the place needs cleaned.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank angelab835
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Angela, please accept our apologies for your unpleasant experience during your visit. As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, we are very sorry your room fell short of your expectations. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. We will revisit our deep cleaning program so that we can provide a much better experience in the future. We hope you will consider a future stay as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.