Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$90
Expedia.comUS$90
Agoda.comUS$90
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2020 via mobile

Besides the room not being as clean as I like and finding a few bugs over my stay this place wasn’t too bad. The reason I give 1 star is because the lady working on 3/20/20 at 3:20pm is very rude, mean and the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. If I see her working I refuse to go to her for anything. This situation my key was not working. She handled it by being rude and having attitude. No signs of being polite, or nice. Absolutely terrible customer service. Every time I have to interact with her I am left feeling mad and upset because of how she treats me every time. I also see her treating other CUSTOMERS the same exact way. Please handle this situation because you will lose business with employees like this. I will not stay here again because of how I was treated multiple times. No excuse for employees like that

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jordan E
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2020

Jordan, thank you for being our guest. We apologize for the impudent behavior of one of our front desk associates and regret the inconvenience caused. We will share your concerns with her, so this does not repeat going forward. We are also sorry for the issues you had with the cleanliness and with your room key. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team to ensure a better experience going forward. We hope you will reconsider giving us a second chance to provide the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed January 26, 2020

On our last day in the unit after we had brought luggage and other stuff for my daughters new place in it. We found roaches in the kitchen and in the bathroom. Large ones and small ones which indicated there was more of them somewhere and not just a random roach that had been brought in by a prior guest.

There was even a dead one in the fridge which indicated they were getting in there too. Yuck! Soo much for those shrimp poboy sandwiches we were planning to eat later.

I then spent the next hour freaking out if we had transferred roaches to my daughter’s new place. The items we still had in the room, I shook out every piece of clothing and dumped my purse that had been sitting on the kitchen counter overnight. Yep, there goes another roach running out of my dumped purse contents. I was horrified!

After trying my best to not go screaming in the hallway. I left some stuff behind and gathered my luggage and prayed there was no roaches going home with me.

The hotel staff was very nice and gracious. And apologized. But they didn’t seem surprised and after reading other reviews, this isn’t the 1st time a guest reported roaches.

They refunded the cost of the 1 of our 3 nights. But it doesn’t cover our lost food or the fact I know want to take preemptive action and pay for an extermination of my own house. It has been 2 weeks and I still haven’t taken that luggage out of my car and into my house.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 490toniw
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2020

We sincerely apologize for the situation you described and regret the inconvenience it caused. You are absolutely correct to expect a clean and insect-free environment when staying with us. Our pest control provider will service the hotel, and we are working to ensure procedures are being followed to prevent such issues in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We work hard to make our guests happy, and we obviously failed in this case. Hopefully, you will reconsider us as your hotel of choice if you are in the area again.

Reviewed October 24, 2019

Through out my travels and when i need to stay for an extended period of time this was always a place i stayed , no matter what state i was in. So, naturally when i made my trip to New Orleans i looked at many hotels online but always came back here . made my reserveration and new i made a good choice based on my past experiences.
Now when i get there the first thing that happened was the girl that worked the front desk had an attitude, i go up to my assigned room and the reader was not working correctly so after trying a few times i went back down to get a new key and she gave me a new key . Got the new key to a new room and easily got in . now this this the first Extended Stay i have been in where the kitchen had nothing in it, So i had called the front desk to ask where everything was and said it was locked up and i had to come down for everything i wanted, she said i am sorry but we cant leave anything in the room to many people are stealing the items.
The last 2 days i was there i starting seeing roaches and the burners on the stove were so weird and rusted looking i did no cooking.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Holly_jarrett64
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2019

Thank you for making Extended Stay America your preferred choice of hotel. We are sorry for the poor service you received from our front desk staff and regret teh inconvenience it caused. We have reviewed your feedback with the appropriate individuals, and steps are being taken to ensure such mistakes are not made going forward. We also apologize for the disappointment you had with the dishware policy and the roaches in your suite. We have our pest control company scheduled to treat the room and the property today. We value your feedback and hope to have the chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2019

Extended Stay America, Metaire, LA.
I know what were you thinking a hotel right next to a major international airport? Well sleep good because there wasn’t any airport noise or traffic noise from the I-10 interstate. The lobby was clean, the check in was easy and quick. This location has an elevator with baggage carts. The room was clean with a lot of light plus many outlets for the charging of electronic devices.
There is a lot of restaurant choices nearby.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Thomas M
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2019

Thomas,

Please accept our sincere thanks for reviewing your stay at Extended Stay America. We are delighted to read that our refreshed room, warm hospitality, and ideal location made such a wonderful impression on you. Your recognition of our efforts will serve to motivate us even more! It was our pleasure to have you all as our guest, and we can’t wait to see you again on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

One of the better Extended Stay hotels I've stayed at. I've been traveling with work for the past 2 years and have stayed at several Ext stays and Suburban Lodge's around the Southeast. The Ext stay America hotels in Alabama are awful yet you go over two states to this one and it's totally different. They should have these people running the entire southeast.
This Ext Stay in metarie was a welcome oasis for a while. Exterior looks good and rooms are pretty darn good. Staff has their hands full with alot of rooms and transient guests. They work really hard here- as in they hustle. Manager here runs a tight ship. She her staff have a "can do" attitude and will go out of way to accomodate you. They will also address noise complaints quickly and diplomatically for you. It's mostly working people on here at the hotel right now. Hotel is centrally located between the city and the airport. Its right around the corner from Whole Foods market.

Room tip: Go With the 4th floor- ext stay hotels have thin walls and floors so if you like quiet don't get anyone above you.
Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank callenmrtn
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased you had a great stay at Extended Stay America. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly staff, comfortable suites, and convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.