“What a filthy dump!”
Review of Motel 6 Monroe

Motel 6 Monroe
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I made my reservation through AARP Travel. I specifically searched for a non-smoking room and with internet access. When we checked in the clerk said the only room she had was on the 2nd floor and asked would that all right. I said it would be fine. Upon entering the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. I called the desk and she apologized and said that was the only room. We were tired and decided to tolerate it. We got settled in and tried to connect to internet but couldn't find internet. Once again, I called the desk and she said they had been having problems and were in the process of switching providers. She should have told me that upon check-in. Again we decided to tolerate it because we were tired and did not feel like searching for another hotel. Well, we should have found another hotel because the bathroom was filthy with some kind of black, sticky stuff on the tile and mold in the bath tub. The toilet would not fill back up once flushed. In general, the place was disgusting. Around 10 p.m. someone knocked on our door. My husband peeked out to see some guy standing there. He did not open the door because we were in a really bad neighborhood. The man eventually walked away. All in all, a horrible experience!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy C
6Team, Brand Experienced Team Member at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2016

Judy,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We do accommodate our smoking guests with assigned smoking rooms and are sorry you experienced dissatisfaction with the concerns you describe. Please know the issues you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Went to Monroe to visit for wife's mothers 95 birthday. When we arrived after dark, no security lights, specifically asked for high-speed internet when we made reservation. There was no internet. Asked for non-smoking room, room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. Still trying to get the smell out of our clothes. Mold in the bathroom, toilet seat was unhinged and broken. People roaming out in the parking lot at all hours. Someone knocked on our door around 10pm and wanted in. Very scary. Do not stay in this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
6Team, Brand Experienced Team Member at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Michael,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Where do I start. Mold in the Bathroom, roach in the refrigerator, carpet stained and just plain nasty. Curtains hanging off the hook. Safety latch missing on door. These are just a few. Pillows look like they were kept outside. It was so bad, I went to Big Lots and purchased some cheap pillows and blankets for the bed for me and my family to sleep on. If it wasn't for the holidays I would have moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Madelyn J
Dorothy F, General Manager at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Monroe, LA #4903. Let me first apologize for your any inconveniences caused during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us. At Motel 6, we do our best to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. We are taking proper actions to address the problem and prevent future incidence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the near future.
Medallia Hotels Corporation

Reviewed 27 September 2015

I stayed here on while on business for 4 weeks. The property itself was acceptable for the rate. Dorthy, the Manager was great she was very polite, accomodating. and professional. This property is a former La Quinta Inn, so the rooms are larger than most Motel 6 properties I have stayed in. The room itself was nice, clean, large. The bed was very comfortable. The internet was horrible. I went 2 weeks without internet. This was a problem transfering business information back to my office. After speaking to several desk clerks about the problem it was finally fixed. One even told me "it is free!" . The housekeeping staff was great, I never met any one of them that was not friendly and professional. The internet resets in other guest's rooms so when it goes out you have to wait till the next day to have it reset. I would stay here again now that I know the lay of the land but the first 2 weeks was certainly a learning experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 106. Nice room very comfortable. The internet resets in room 105 for your informati...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Kris M
Dorothy F, General Manager at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Kris M

Thank you for sharing the issues you experienced during your stay at Motel 6 in Monroe. We strive to give excellent customer service, we want you to feel safe, secure and settled in. We are working on upgrading the level of internet service. Again thank you for your compliments and concerns. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travel plans send you to the Monroe area.

Sincerely
Dorothy Floyd GM

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

We weren't allowed to check in any earlier than 3pm. That wasn't a big deal but it was only the beginning of a bad experience. When we finally got our room, the smell of cigarettes would almost knock you down. The bathroom floors were nasty as if someone had spilled something and it didn't get cleaned. My daughters played in the floor briefly and their knees and feet were black. Our air conditioner did not work. There were not enough towels for a family of four and the toilet stopped up everytime someone used it. The staff acted as if they could care less if you stayed there or not. We checked out a day early because we were so dissatisfied.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen857
Dorothy F, General Manager at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Dear Karen Overstreet:

We apologize for the issues experieced during you stay. Rest assure that the proper steps have been to taken to ensure these issues will not occur in the future.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Motel 6 #4903

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Our party of 4 tried to change from having 1 room instead of 2. We were denied this compensation and paid for the 2 rooms. At no time, during our 2-day stay did our room keys work. They were routinely deprogrammed and we had to go to the office to have them refigured. Sometimes there was no one at the office. On the second day, one of the rooms had ALL of its belongings taken and moved to the office. Most of the belongings were returned after we let them know how unacceptable taking our things had been. Their claim was that they thought we only wanted one room. We advised them that had been a consideration, but, we would have moved the things ourselves had it been a final decision. Consequently, I was delayed in taking medication and had to rearrange everything that had been packed. I NEVER did get some of my items back. They kept denying that they had my things; but, eventually, most of them were returned piece meal. Being tired from our excursions, I would have preferred a nap to all the chaos that occurred. Monroe is a nice place to visit but stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. What was never returned was a cell phone charger, head phones and nasal spray...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy C
Dorothy F, General Manager at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Monroe, LA #4903. Your feedback is very important to us.

I apologize for the inconvience during your stay, but it is Motel 6 policy that if a guest room is not paid for by 11am all item can be removed and brought down to front desk, your room was paid for until 4pm.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Do not stay here. The rooms were not clean. There were only hand towels and dirty linen in the closet. We had 2 rooms for 2 nights. We thought we would only need one the following night, so on check in she said to come back IF we weren't going to use it. When we returned we were locked out of the room. They took all pure stuff out. We got everything back but a bottle of wine, head phones and a phone charger. The manager said the worker said she didn't take them. So we were out of luck because it took us about an hour to figure out the head phones and charger were missing.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne K
Dorothy F, General Manager at Motel 6 Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

I apologize for the inconvience but it is Motel 6 policy that if a guest room is not paid for by 11am all item can be removed and brought down to front desk.

Dorothy Floyd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
1.3 km away
7.3 km away
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#11 of 16 in West Monroe

Been to Motel 6 Monroe? Share your experiences!