“Great seafood!”

Catfish Cabin
Ranked #29 of 238 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 31, 2017

This place was recommended by friends who were locals. Had lunch with family members vIsiting the area. I had a sampler plate of catfish, oysters and shrimp which was very delicious. Family members also had catfish which was also a great choice. The service was friendly and very prompt. Not expensive but moderately priced menu.

Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

Catfish is always good as well as the hush puppies.Service is very nice and we like the old music too.
Same hometown owners since the late 1950's.

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Catfish Cabin since I was a child and the food has been consistently good since then. Little has changed, which I am so happy about. The hush puppies are soooo good and are complimentary. I always get the shrimp dinner which has changed very little over the years. I have never gotten anything else :-). Prior to this visit, I hadn't been there in a few years. They've spruced up the decor a little and changed the furniture arrangement but it still has the old feel, which I'm fine with. This is a family owned restaurant that has been around since the 1970s, so it's not a new establishment by any means. It's not five star dining but it is good food. Now don't expect New Orleans cuisine. This is a different part of Louisiana, so the taste and culture is totally different. Whenever I am in the area, I always make a stop here. Give this place a try and see what you think;-).

Reviewed October 17, 2016

I used to live in Monroe and would eat at Catfish Cabin fairly regularly. Moving back to the area after almost a decade away and the only change I could detect was which generation of the family was running the show. The food is still great, service above average and general ambiance pleasant. It's a nice step above fast food but not quite fine dining. All in all, Catfish Cabin remains a favorite.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

I loved my catfish and hush puppies! I got baked potato and onion rings as sides, and both were really good. I have not been to Catfish Cabin in a really long time, but wanted some good catfish the other night and ordered it to go.