“Oyster Heaven”

Mohawk Tavern Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 238 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Mohawk Tavern Seafood Restaurant serves fresh seafood, steaks, sandiches, beer, wine and more to the Monroe, LA area.
Reviewed May 27, 2016

If you love Oysters then this the "The Place". Nothing fancy but fantastic food. Oysters are served any way you like them. Our favorite is always Oysters on the Half-shell.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Oysters and Gumbo was good. 6 of 8 people got the fried shrimp based upon the waiters suggestion. It was fair but not much to it. Butterflied and pretty thin. Our waiter was not good at all. He took our order and the only other 2 times we saw him was to bring out our food and the checks.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

Still the fabulous food and service that Mohawk is famous for. The food is amazing. We are never disappointed. My favorites include the fried oysters, shrimp delight salad and most of all grilled Mahi. It's soooo good. I've never ever had any better. The atmosphere is a little dark but full of character. Same old Mohawk. Just as good as ever!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed May 10, 2016

The best seafood I have ever had. Drinks are great there not to weak like a lot of places they are just perfect for my taste.. The servers are great no matter what you need they are on top of it. I wish I could go everyday..

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

The Mowhak has been here for years, steaks, seafood. The food is great, the servers are great. Never had any trouble with ordering my food. I highly recommend. I have been eating here since 1966, always great.

Date of visit: February 2016