“Great Stay”
Review of Clarion Inn Hotel

Clarion Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Morgan City
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

As the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Morgan City I would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to fill out a review of your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from a satisfied customer. I will certainly pass your comments along to the staff. Again, thank for your comments. Should your travel plans bring you to the Morgan City area in the future we certainly hope to have you as our guest again.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2012

The staff at this hotel is the best I've ever been around. The accomodations are very comfortable, clean, and the restaurant serves great meals....from the breakfast buffet (not the pre cooked stuff like the Hampton's) to the Friday night fish buffet (wonderful)! The service in the restaurant is fantastic, always friendly and helpful. The great people here make my stays the best. Bet if Dr. Cheryl M had mentioned to the manager on duty breakfast would have been taken care of. You can always find frendly staff in the Bar where you can watch the game and have an adult beverage (or not). If you stay on the weekends it does get rather loud near the bar later in the evening so be aware if you prefer the quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are generally quieter along with better parking access
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Mr. V

Thank you so much for submitting such a glowing review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I will certainly pass along your complements to all of the employees. I am sure they will be very appreciative of your remarks as was I. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us when you are in Morgan City.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The staff here is very friendly and quick to handle any request. Our room was very nice and the entire hotel area was very well kept and landscaped. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the wait staff was so friendly and the food was delicious. (The rolls are fantastic! Wish I had some right now!) I would not hesitate to recommend this Holiday Inn to my family and friends.

Room Tip: A room around the pool area gives you a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to compete a review on your stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is very rewarding to hear great compliments about the performance of my staff. I will certainly pass your sentiments along to the employees. Again, thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have been in many hotels and I must say this was one of my favorites! The people here are so friendly. From Jenifer at the front desk who was so welcoming and very sweet and happy to help to Sue in the resturant who gave us amazing service with a huge smile. At check in we were invited to watch the game in thier bar area....others paid cover we were FREE.Huge movie theater screen!music...club like . Everytime our team scored the bar gave everyone a FREE shot! not to mention the awesome homemade chili cornbread and other appitizers they had out were FREE! Oh yeah did I mention the huge breakfast that was FREE. The buffet was over at 9am we arrived at 10....no problem we ordered off menu any special request we made Sue and the cook answered YES too. That is rare these days! This is a yes oriented hotel! The jacuzzi room is a must! for under $118 a night what a steal! beautiful room up stairs downstairs 2 flat screens nice leather furniture!!! This room took our breath away! Thank you so much team Holiday Inn Morgan City La for our very enjoyable stay! Will be staying again our way back to California.

Room Tip: pool front jacuzzi room a must! So inexpensive for what they give you!!! Shocking actually!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your comments to Sue and Jennifer. When an employee is recognized for going above and beyond I like to let them know how much their efforts are appreciated. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I'm a Hilton Honors Club member as well as a Priority Club member. This is the first time that I did not receive complimentary breakfast at a Holiday Inn property. The desk attendant said that I did not qualify for free breakfast because I was a Priority Club member. It's just the opposite at Hampton Inn's. Everyone receives complimentary breakfast and sometimes a room upgrade when available. The rooms at this property are very clean, and appear to have an interior upgrade. The linens are fantastic, free wireless, LG flat screen t.v., refrigerator and microwave are in the room as well. The location of the property is strange (kind of in a local residential/apartment area?) but it is relatively peaceful. I slept well. If you like Louisiana seafood then you will love the Friday night buffet.

Room Tip: Bring your own bottled watter and snacke if you're on a budget and have children. The microwave...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Dear Dr. Cheryl M,

Thank you for review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. I would like to apologize for the misinformation you were given regarding complimentary breakfast. Our Priority Club Members should be getting Priority Service at all times. After doing some research I found that our Guest Service Representative did not understand that complimentary breakfast was included for a Priority Club Award Night stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you encounted and will be making an adjustment to your credit card. Thank you for the comments you had regarding the rest of your stay. I will certainly pass them along to the staff here. Please feel free to contact me personally if your travel plans bring you this way again.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I attended a wedding shower and reception at this hotel (alcohol was not served at either event). Lobby was very clean. Pool area is beautiful. The male desk employee was very kind and helpful. The lady not so much. Didnt appreciate the man throwing up by the pool whom security escorted from the lounge/bar. Music was extremely loud. Hotel is open to the public who go through main entrance to attend bar. Didnt feel safe with the rooms being right by the lounge entrance. Not a very kid friendly atmosphere with the drunk people.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay in the Holiday Inn Morgan City. Your comments are appreciated as they help us improve our facility and service.

As the General Manager, I was disappointed to hear that your visit was disrupted by the lounge. At the Holiday Inn Morgan City, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service and a pleasant stay. It seems that we failed to deliver these two essential elements of your stay, and for that, I apologize.

I have shared your comments with the staff and expressed my concern over the loudness of the music. It is comments such as yours that help us identify areas of service that need improvement. I would be happy to discuss your recent visit in person if you would like to call or e-mail me.

In closing, I would like to thank you for staying with us. If your travel plans bring you this way in the future, please contact me personally so that I may take care of your arrangements.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

As a business traveler, I've stayed in hundreds of Holiday Inns all across the country. With the possible exception of spotty internet service in some, I've found all to be up to a standard of quality that never makes me question booking a room. That is, until I stayed in the Holiday Inn in Morgan City.

The Hotel (Motel):
This is not a hotel, it's a motel. The rooms are all accessed from the exterior - the hallmark of a cheap property. As the motel is next to a major highway, and that means noise - a lot of it. The "suites" are off of the pool area, so don't even think about trying to take a nap - you'll just get an earful of screaming kids.

The covered walkways are only covered about 3 feet out, so if it's raining, as it was when I arrived, you're going to get wet.

Because the rooms are exterior access only, the room itself was incredibly humid and musty smelling. I felt sticky as I sat at the desk. I normally work out in my hotel room, but felt uncomfortable touching the sticky, stained floor.

The Service:
Service was acceptable. As I only stayed for one night (thankfully) I can't speak to the cleaning staff, but my room was clean (except for the musty smell).

The Restaurant:
If you're looking for healthy food, don't bother even walking inside. The staff assured me that the food was excellent, but the fact that they were all well over 200 pounds should have tipped me off. Everything on the menu was fried except the grilled steak and shrimp I ordered, and even that came slathered in mystery sauce. The steak itself was about 50% fat, and almost inedible. The only thing I enjoyed about the meal was the salad dressing. The salad itself obviously came out of a bag.

Fitness Center:
After realizing that I might become infected by some horrible disease if I touched the floor in my room, I set out to find the fitness center. There isn't one. They send you to a club about two blocks away.

Summary
If you'd like poor accommodations, fattening food, and no way to work off the calories, this is the place for you. If you're a business traveler on your way through - keep driving. The Holiday Inn in Houma is 45 minutes away and MUCH better. The only saving grace of this property is the kind staff - but it's lipstick on a pig.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Clarion Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear KIMOSEN,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor! Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. In reading your review, I noted several areas of opportunity that my staff and I can make improvements. We are currently in the process of completing a new menu that will offer healthier choices. Unfortunately, there are also some things that are beyond our control such as the exterior entrance and inclement weather. Regarding the fitness facility we felt that having a membership at a 24 hour top notch facility like Anytime Fitness would give our guests the latest and most up to date equipment as well as offering other services. Again, thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. I welcome your call or email to showell@lhmhotels.com to discuss your review further.

Thank you again for posting a review and I hope to hear from you!