“Christmas weekend”
Review of Mariner's

Mariner's
Ranked #5 of 66 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We came to Natchitoches for the Christmas weekend. We stopped at Mariner’s on a whim. We had the Lagniappe For Two off the appetizer menu and a cup of crawfish étouffée and seafood gumbo. Excellent. The waitstaff was very efficient and took great care of us.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Pretty place on a lake. Drive up to it, look around and then leave. Go to any other place that has food, including a convenience store, and consider yourself ahead.

Front desk was total chaos which carried over to service.

Appetizers and entree brought out at same time. One cold and the other warm. Whatever you do don’t salt your food because they have that taken care of...I’m assuming they do have defibrillators.

Advice:Natchitoches is beautiful, but other than meat pies it’s not known for food. This place however...

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Everything was salty.

Steak was cooked perfect however the "Oscar w/ Crab" was not good. The crab tasted fishy.

The salad bar was delicious and the service was good.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

We went here after receiving a recommendation from the manager at our hotel. When we pulled into the parking lot I was a bit concerned because there were two tour buses unloading. I assumed that it would be a madhouse in the restaurant, but I quickly learned that the staff here is adept at dealing with tour groups and it had no adverse impact on our experience.

After placing orders for catfish we were offered a trip to the salad bar. I was anticipating enjoying the salad bar as the hotel manager really talked it up. I was quite disappointed with the salad bar. Although they had a multitude of offerings available, much of the lettuce was brown and nasty. I tried to pick out enough fresh lettuce to make a decent salad, but upon arrival at the table I continued to find less than decent lettuce pieces.

The fish that we ordered was very good and our waiter was extremely efficient and very friendly. Unfortunately the brown salad kind of ruined things for me.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My brother and I enjoyed the last warm night in December on the Mariner's deck having excellent appetizers and cold adult beverages. Not only were the oysters, gumbo and meat pies excellent, the friendly and professional service from our server, Stephanie, was most appreciated!