“Best steak I ever ate and amazing views!!”
Review of Mariner's

Mariner's
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

All I can say is wow!! The view was amazing and so was the staff!! Our waiter Hubley (I am sorry if I misspell that) was very attentive and pleasant. Prices were reasonable to the portions you get. To start the crab stuffed mushrooms we are amazing and the stuffing had a lot of crab. Lots of times I find where the stuffing is so much breading and no crab. I had the Oscar filet with crab meat on top with a hollandaise sauce and it was truly amazing!!!! Best steak I ever had! Literally melted in my mouth and cooked to a perfect medium rare. My husband had the shrimp pasta and that was very good as well. It was our Anniversary and they even served us a complimentary desert called chocolate lush pie which is similar to a Mississippi mud pie!! It was amazing! Definitely recommend and can not wait to come back for more!!. Love this place!!

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Awesome food! Filet mignonette topped with crabmeat is to die for! Ribeye was skinny and tough. Crab cakes, delicious. Outdoor view on the water is beautiful!

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Ate here for summer. Atmosphere was so nice looking over lake, Salad bar was good. Cra cakes tasted like fake crab. Loved the place though

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Our wonderful hosts at The Jefferson House (lovely Bed and Breakfast) helped us with reservations to Mariner’s for a Friday evening and we were so pleased. The location is beautiful, and if you can time your reservations to sunset, would be truly spectacular. Despite that, the real treat here is the food! We had the blackened alligator appetizer (delicious without being overwhelmingly spicy), artichoke and shrimp soup (wonderful), creole stuffed grilled chicken breast (amazing!), black bayoux la fouche (also yummy) and the bread pudding (so good). This place isn’t cheap, but the food is simply amazing. Our waiter was Justin and he took good care of us without being overly intrusive.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

We have been going to the Mariner after the Natchitoches Mardi Gras celebration for several years. It sits on the shores of Sibley Lake. Get a table with a window view to fully enjoy the great setting. Now, onto the food. We have enjoyed everything from steaks to seafood and each has been excellent. You get a lot of food when you include the extensive salad bar, potato and bread. My wife has done an appetizer and salad bar which provided plenty of food. Service is always attentive and they are well staffed to monitor the tables for beverage and bread refills. Back to the salad bar, it is extensive and has southern items such as pickled green tomatoes and okra - and all items are fresh. Dining room is large and airy with a nautical theme and you can enjoy a good conversation as the noise level is not intrusive.