All reviews the pearl craftsman style home restaurants and shops stella rockers porch breakfast
Reviewed January 28, 2015

Once again our stay in Natchitoches at the Rusca House was marvelous. We were there right before the close of the Festival of Lights and the house was decorated so beautifully (as well as the whole town) for the Holiday. As usual, Debbie made our stay very special and breakfast was a delight. This was a wonderful way to begin a new year, spend our Anniversary, and experience the wonder of Natchitoches at Christmas. Thank you so much ladies for the memorable stay. We will see you again soon! :)

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed October 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed six wonderful days at Rusca House and had the best experience. We enjoyed every aspect of this bed and breakfast. Our innkeeper was great; she had a different delicious breakfast every morning we were there. She gave us all kinds of suggestions for things to see and do around Natchitoches, and we had a quiet, restful, and beautiful place to come back to and relax after exploring. We had such a pleasant time we booked a return visit before we left, and will be staying there again in January for our anniversary. A BIG thank you to our innkeeper for making our visit so memorable.

Date of stay: October 2014
2  Thank Christine W
Reviewed September 28, 2014

Rusca House was my first experience with a B&B and it was wonderful! I only live 30 miles away but can't wait for an opportunity to go back. My daughter got married in Natchitoches two weeks ago and we booked all four rooms for family and friends. It was perfect! The house and grounds are beautiful. Such a peaceful atmosphere. My husband and I were in the Pearl Room and it was very spacious with a large bathroom and a small porch with 2 rockers. The breakfasts were just unbelievable. Mrs. Debbie is a very good cook and she was willing to share her recipes. I communicated with the owner via email and she answered all of my questions and she and Debbie were both very accommodating.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The house was beautiful, and we especially enjoyed the jacuzzi bathtub! The garden in the back yard and side yard were very peaceful. We stayed in the Pearl room. There were doors on one side to the back garden and doors on the other side to a porch with two rocking chairs. Breakfast was amazing! Very close to Front Street!

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This craftsman style home has undergone a full renovation and it's lovely. It only appears to have 4-5 rooms - we stayed in the Pearl - and it was nice. The room and the bathroom were nice and huge. There is private parking in the back and they have a beautifully decorated front and side yard. In fact, the side yard, is a small walking garden with a fountain centerpiece surrounded by english-style design boxwoods. The breakfast was pretty good; it was served at 8:30 and right on time. It's about a 10-15 walk into town from the house but it's a really pleasant stroll along the river. I would go back again. Oh, one downside to the place, for some reason, you can hear every conversation in the kitchen from the rooms; that's partly due to the acoustics of the house and partly because the woman who runs it has a booming voice.

Date of stay: April 2014