See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My room was INFESTED with crickets! I killed half a dozen but couldn't reach all of them. When I complained to the manager, she said they always have problems with crickets this time of year. Then she told me, "They aren't harmful and you got a good rate on the room." WHAT?? So that makes it okay?

She also told me that I didn't know the definition of infested and that she was going to email me the definition of infested. And after telling me they always have problems with crickets she said, "Can you prove to me that you didn't bring the crickets in yourself? Did you keep some of them as evidence?" What HORRIBLE customer service!! I did take pictures of the crickets so I do have proof they were there (I posted them on my Google Places review of this hotel)!

The room also smelled bad. The front desk person told me that was because of the exterminating they tried to do and then the manager later told me they never spray or do anything to control the crickets because the smell might harm guests. Hmmm, someone's not telling the truth.

TERRIBLE hotel. If you want to sleep, don't go to Sleep Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms have lots of crickets in them!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank Jeff Z
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This hotel is hard to get to but seems to be nice. Staff was friendly.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

MY aunt passed away on Friday August 26 and we drove up to Pineville, Louisiana for the viewing last night, Sunday, August 28. My husband asked for a later checkout than their posted 11 am checkout time as the funeral is today at 2 p.m. The front desk lady named Lisa called our room today and said they would not allow us to check out at 1 pm as they had 23 people coming into today. I explained my elderly parents and us are here for my mother's sisters funeral today and we needed to stay for a little while longer because the funeral is at 2 p.m. today. Lisa called her manager Lynn Cole to ask if we could then stay until 12 noon so we didn't have to just sit somewhere waiting for the funeral to start at 2 p.m. Lisa called our room and said no they only had 2 maids and they got off at 12 noon today so we had to leave. THANKS for nothing Sleep INN...your bathroom was cruddy...bugs in the bath tub, wall paper is peeling off the walls, and generally not well taken care off to begin with but by your management refusing to allow my almost 81 year old mother and 82 year old father to stay in the room a little while longer and out of the heat, you are the PITS in my book. My mother is a diabetic and so we having been DRIVING
around Pineville passing the time before the funeral begins today. Dad is 82 and Mom is almost 81... I will NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN..sleep Inn I hope your company loses business based upon your treatment of these elderly people jot being accommodated by letting them stay ONE HOUR past your check out time..and letting them stay for q good reason so that they would not have to be out tin this heat waiting to attend a relatives funeral.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank AttyVette
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We almost didn't stay here due to the other reviews. We actually made reservations at a different place further away from the convention center but canceled after checking this place out in person. You could tell they had recently done some renovations (e.g. piles of old carpet in the back parking lot, new carpet smell in hallways) We checked out a room and it was very nice, clean, and looked recently updated. The carpet smell was only in hallway and I anticipate it will be gone soon. It was not fancy, but I considered it above my expectations for a budget hotel. We would stay again if we have another conference at the convention center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2010

After driving 7 hrs I was ready for a hot shower the women up front made me aware they have only 1 water heater for the entire hotel and that I could have waited a while and tha water would have heated not to mention they have their hot and cold water pipes reversed so when the water finally heat it has to be on cold

• Stayed: September 2010