“Great Brisket Sandwich”

Hot Rod Bar B Que
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Ruston
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Bar-b-que restaurant serving smoked Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Chicken, Sausage, Ham & Turkey with Baked beans, Potato Salad, Coleslaw & Peach Cobbler. Plus delicious loaded Baked Potatoes and fresh garden & Chef Salads. We offer lunch and daily specials! Fun and classic Hot Rod motif with a family atmosphere.
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

The beef was delicious as well as the sauce. Nice local surprise on our trip through LA. We went through drive through and sandwiches and drinks were all we ordered. Very good!

Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

I ordered the 3 meat combo with the brisket , ribs and chicken. I had the baked beans and potato salad as my sides. I smoke my own meat at home and I wish I could get mine to taste like theirs. It was so good and just enough smoke taste. Good job. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 29, 2016

Have been eating here for years. This is not a chain. Decided time for a review. Have eaten BBQ across the US -- Memphis, KC, St Louis, Tx..... this as good as it gets. Slow smoked with just the right level of smoke. Juicy, tender, falls off the bone. Beans are great. Cobblers are simple but delicious.
Very well priced. It is a no frills walk-in find your own table place, make your way down the serving line, have a seat. They specialize in BBQ and being a good down home place to eat. Not fancy.
Whether local or passing through your will want to eat Hot Rod.

1  Thank PJM102
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Best bbq in town. Beans are off the chart and sweet tea is the way it should be in the South. After a lunch here its about time for a nap. Great value on the family meal we typically grab and eat at home.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

Don't leave Ruston without trying this BBQ. Really simple BBQ eating .. stryofoam cups and plates, plastic cutlery etc. The food is what it is about though . . .beans and ribs are amazing as well as the slaw

Been to Hot Rod Bar B Que? Share your experiences!