“Pleasant Surprise ”
Review of Stone Forks

Stone Forks
Ranked #87 of 565 Restaurants in Shreveport
Price range: US$13 - US$55
Description: Located in Shreveport's Historic Highland District, Stone Forks serves the ultimate in French cuisine. Stone Forks is a restaurant that has recreated the grandiose lifestyle experienced by those who believed that fine dining was a perfect combination of great food, great service, great atmosphere and great music spent with the ones you love.
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

New to Shreveport we stumbled upon this place by accident. The exterior of the venue is deceptive! Upon entry we felt a tad underdressed but went with it anyways. A nice ambiance with music and high backed comfy, private booths greeted us. Our server, Diana, was attentive and playful in her service. The menu offered a range of items with surf and turf options available- some with a cajun creole twist. We ordered the lasagna both ways - one chicken the other seafood. Drinks were delivered quickly and food followed shortly. The dishes offered healthy portions and were very tasty. The chicken lasagna offered a savory dish with chicken, alfredo and andouille that provided a nice, not to spicy kick. The seafood lasagna was delicious as well. All aspects of our visit were spot on although prices did seem a little higher than the exterior appearance might suggest. The only reason 5 stars were not awarded was that there were several seafood options on the menu that they were out of - we may have visited a day before a delivery, which changed this dishes we requested. I will definitely be back to showcase this place to family and friends!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

A date night dinner turned out perfectly thanks to SF food and service. Quickly seated, we decided on the 2/$99 meal that includes appetizers, salad, entree and dessert. The steaks were melt in your mouth, shrimp was well seasoned and flavorful. The suggested lemon pound cake met our expectations!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 23, 2018

We stopped by here on a rainy Wednesday afternoon. The place was quiet and not very busy. We were seated in a quiet spot in a booth by ourselves--which we didn't mind at all. I'm not sure if there's a dress code here but we were dressed casually and no one said anything, however the waitstaff is white dress shirts and black pants so maybe. Anyway... the food!! So the food was great! The portions were generous enough to reflect the price. Compliments to Chef Pat and Jennifer the waitress, who was very friendly and helpful in us making our selections off the menu! I had the crab cakes which were really good, except I'd suggest ordering the sauce on the side as it made the cakes quite soggy. I also had the gumbo, which I really enjoyed! Compared to most of the gumbos I've tasted at other restaurants in the city, this might've been the best one! My sister had the Shrimp w/ grits...if shrimp and grits is your thing, you definitely should have it here! They use polenta...it was thick, creamy, and rich! Most of the things on the menu (at least the things you really want to eat) are between $15 - $26+ range if you're on a budget, but take into consideration that the portions are generous enough to fill you, the food was pretty good...good enough for me to ask for the Chefs name (Thankyou Chef Pat!), the service was good (ask for Jennifer!) and the atmosphere is very nice. We'll definitely be going back in the near future!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I really love this place, the atmosphere, the food, and the service have all be consistently great! We always go for brunch because their drink specials ($10 bottomless bloody Marys, mimosas, etc.) are so good! We have always had great service, especially when we hosted our rehearsal brunch in their party room, the even decorated for us!

Every once and awhile an egg might be overcooked or something missed but we let the server know and the always make it right. You can tell the manager wants the servers to make the customer happy!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Due to recent change in wonership, this restaurant has declined greatly! My husband and I use to frequent this spot for the ambience and the great food, but with new management, let's jsut say that we would spend our money better at McDonalds. The only thing palatable was the chicken strips. Red Beans and Rice was from a can. the steak was a very infereior cut of beek. The fish was not seasoned and the pasta was overcooked. We said nothing while we were there, but I sent an email following our visit and the "owner" was very rude and confrontational. She had been seen during our visit, but because she was scantly dressed and reeked of alcohol, I did not know it was her. Do yourself a favor...go somewhere else!

Date of visit: May 2018