“Lost reservations and lost identity”

Comfort Inn Shreveport
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This facility looks good from the outside, but once we got inside we had a completely different experience. We were traveling with my elderly parents who were very tired from our trip from Baton Rouge. When we arrived, we discovered that the hotel had lost their reservation, even though they had a confirmation number. The only room available was a smoking room which my parents reluctantly agreed to take. The room constantly reeked of smoke.

My immediate family's room was located by the elevator on the second floor. Why are hotels designed like that? It was so busy and noisy in that area that we insisted on changing rooms. I believe my father's deep warning voice was the only thing that convinced the clerk to switch rooms for us. Our final room was OK but was small and had a noisy air conditioner.

Breakfast was so-so, the pool was nice but small, and the noise from the interstate was a bit loud. One interesting thing I overheard was another family coming to check in, only to be told that their reservation was lost, too...But the worst thing about the place to us was that the wireless Internet connection was not secured with a password. My husband had brought his laptop for personal use, and while he was online in his hotel room, someone hacked in to his laptop and stole all his personal information, even the contents of some documents that were important only to my husband. When we called the front desk, their only response was that they were sorry.

We called the police who came at nine p.m. and took our report. The officer said it was quite likely that some people had sat in their vehicle looking for an open computer. They jumped at the opportunity when they saw that my husband's computer was easy to access. The officer indicated that this crime had happened before in this area. And yes, my husband did have plenty of applications like ZoneAlarm and Norton on his laptop, but the crooks were too smart.

So basically my husband's identity was taken at this hotel. He has tried to contact the manager, named "Babu," several times, but has gotten no response. It has taken monumental effort to deal with this. Yes, my husband read that the hotel had an open wireless network while he was connecting, but if he had known that there was real potential for danger, he would have never turned on his laptop.

Needless to say, we will never return to this hotel, which lacked responsibility, efficiency and organization.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Shreveport

Reviewed 29 July 2008

Last week I stayed at the Comfort Inn while in Shreveport for my granddaughter's birthday. I was very pleased and wanted to pass on this is a great place to stay. It was very clean, cool and quiet and the location (right off of I-49 and Bert Kouns) is very convenient. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed 7 February 2008

My husband and I stay at this particular Comfort Inn every weekend for almost 2 years due to illness of family members. During that time we were on first name basis with most of the staff and it really was our home away from home on the weekend for 2 years. We received professional and courteous service from everyone and usually were able to have the same room each time we were there. And when we are in the area we stay at this parrticular Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2007

Sat evening - Relative in hospital just down road - needed place to sleep. Checked in - first, rate high - asked why - desk person answer - Casino City, second - asked for non-smoking room preferribly on first floor - desk person - have one left. Checked in - went to room - the room was not a non-smoking room, went back to front dest, person replied - it is suppose to be a non-smoking room and changed me to 3rd floor room. Rest of stay o.k. but when tired and worried a traveler does not need to experience desk clerk that seemingly does not know much about property. He told me they had wireless internet - if they did, my laptop could not locate signal. Oh well.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 August 2006

We stayed two nights for a getaway weekend. This is an older hotel and in some places it shows like the elevators and halls. Our room was large and nice. The air worked well. We had a complaint with the shower that was addressed very quickly. The breakfast was nicer than a lot of other places. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is very conveinent to everything. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2006

We reserved the Comfort Inn in Shreveport at the last minute by cellphone as we were driving across country. They were polite and accepted our reservation and offered their militay rate of $50.

The motel is easy to find off of I-20. We got a large non-smoking room that was clean and had two comfortable queen beds, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The in-room wireless interent conntected easily and reliably. The large TV worked fine and the closed captions worked too. Everything in the motel worked as it should except the lobb inner automatic front door, which required a wave of the hand to activate .

Checkout is 12 PM, a bonus for us as we arrived late. The parking lot was ample for the number of rooms and guests, and we had no trouble finding a place to park near our room.

An excellent value for the military traveler. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jmcalli
A TripAdvisor Member
Lake Charles, LA
Reviewed 26 February 2006

My family stayed at the Comfort Inn in Shreveport, LA for doctor visit there. I saw the 1 bad review on this site AFTER I booked my room. However when I got there it wasn't that bad at all. Hotel is new and has some nice features including a tiny fitness gym, jacuzzi, pool (looked dirty though...in Febuary), and a computer room with high speed internet access. Each room is equipped with a high speed internet plug in the room...but you have to have a laptop to use it. Overall the room was clean and nicely kept, but quite small...especailly for the price of $80 which was even a special hospital discout rate. The regular rate is right at 100 I believe. I would not pay the full price for this room. It is way too average for $100. Overall...not terrible though...great location for the hospital we went to and it is RIGHT off the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2006