All reviews boutique hotel beautiful hotel valet parking southern hospitality sitting area a wonderful stay indoor pool bed was very comfortable called the front desk lobby jacuzzi texas
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I had planned a getaway for my wife and myself. I booked a suite and a spa day for my wife approximately a month in advance. We get there and the day before the appointment I confirmed my wife’s spa day. Well the next day an hour before the appointment I was told the massage therapist was on vacation! Thankfully I found and outside masseuse. Disappointed doesn’t begin to tell the story! Otherwise the room and stay was pleasant.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I picked this suite hotel based on reviews and I wasn’t disappointed. The room was incredible. The breakfast was delicious. I ordered the breakfast to be sent to my room. My kids loved it. The bed was so comfortable. Minor updates to the pool area needed but overall we enjoyed our stay there.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Spent my birthday in Shreveport this year, and stayed at my favorite hotel, we booked a VIP Suite and were pleased with our room as usual. We have always had a positive experience at this hotel with the staff, our rooms and comfortable beds. Oh and my cat got to stay with us which was totally awesome. I love this hotel and look forward to returning. The only negative on this trip, was leaving two pieces of jewelry in our room at check out, it wasn't turned in to lost and found. I do not hold management responsible, my own fault since I did not double check the room before leaving. Live and learn.

2  Thank Lynne G
Reviewed July 5, 2018

This place is not a full service hotel nor does it pretend to be. But during my 2 day business trip here they made it very enjoyable. The downstairs layout in funky with the bar next to the check in counter. The work-out place was topnotch for a small hotel and the people,including owner Newt and Leah, were very helpful. My large room was exceptionally clean and the surly southern lady who cooked my breakfast had a twinkle in her eye. Best hotel in Shreveport.

Room tip: Get a suite on second floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank SouthernTraveler1958
Reviewed June 19, 2018

I had read the reviews and looked at the photos of the Remington prior to making a reservation. My suite, however, was very dated and dirty. There were paint chips, or what appeared to be paint chips, near the closet and bathroom. The carpet had not been vacuumed and there appeared to be some sort of carpet powder to mask odors, I would assume pet odor, which smelled terrible. I called and told the front desk about the carpet and the paint chips and asked them to clean and vacuum. The room was cleaned the following day, but the paint chips were still on the floor. I had also specifically asked if the sofa bed was made and was told it was; it was not. There were no pens in the room to fill out our breakfast order, so my son had to go to the front desk and ask for one. After searching for a pen, he was asked to return it, as they did not have any. We were supposed to stay for four nights but checked out after two nights and checked into another hotel. Perhaps the room is in line for renovation; if not, it should be. I was very disappointed. The only positive was the front desk staff - the girls working there were very nice, and I did not blame them at all for the condition of the room. In fact, when one of the young girls called housekeeping about my room, I could hear the person she was speaking to talking very loudly and was clearly being rude to her. I felt bad for her, as she was trying to take care of the problem.

• Trip type: Travelled with family