“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Birmingham
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I travel and stay in hotel way too much.... I normally plan where I stay but ............Anyway I like flat screens nice comfy bed bla bla bla. I needed fuel and got off I-10 before the bridge(last chance) I saw the SleepInn drove over to see what was in area. I spoke with the person at the desk. ask about Flat Screen Beds Hot Breakfast..SI @this time does not have these lux. She called some other hotels in area She was so nice in trying to find what i wanted. I stayed there. GLAD I DID. very nice ,clean new paint pillows TV had a great Picture good breakfast.I stayed two nights,I staying there next week for two nights again. For the $ a HUGE VALUE. REMODEL starts soon

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank bamatravler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Alabama
Reviewed 27 December 2009

This has to have been one of the dirtiest hotels we've ever stayed in. I wasn't even going to review it until I saw the other reviews that seemed to have had similar experiences. There were empty potato chip bags under the bed and bugs. Now that I know more about what bed bugs look like, I'd swear our room and bed had them. The pool area was also really dirty and I really didn't want my kids to swim in the water.
We pass through this area frequently but I plan to always pass this hotel by.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I stayed at the Sleep Inn In Slidell, La. for 5 days and will never stay anywhere else but there. The service was phenomenal and housekeeping was definitely on top of their game. I read the reviews on here and I was absolutely shocked b/c there were no signs of mold or mildew in this hotel. Overall I was very happy!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Georgia
Reviewed 1 December 2008

My family and I stayed here over Thanksgiving Holiday. I was so disappointed by this hotel. When we entered our room there were bugs flying around and a dead one under the blanket. The blankets looked filthy like they had never been washed and the room had a smoke filled foul odor it was supposed to be nonsmoking. I called the front desk and we were given another room which had stains and burn marks on the linens, the bathroom also had mold. We were so grossed out by this place we ended up checking out early.

• Liked — none, terrible
  • Disliked — whole experience
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenniferlynn31
Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I have never seen such a filthy bathroom in any hotel I have stayed at.. There was filth all around the base of the toilet, which seemed to be leaking, and the same filth around the baseboard of the entire bathroom.
With this much visible filth I wondered how much was not so visible.

Reward points were supposed to cover one night, didn't happen. Of course staff said they didn't know anything about reward points.

I don't ever want to stay in another Sleep Inn!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank traveler0801
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2007

I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Slidell, LA for one night on business in June of 2007. I arrived without a prior reservation, but was quickly and easily given a room by the very helpful desk staff. The hotel was clean and well air-conditioned. I was on the ground floor, and was pleased to note that there was absolutely no evidence of water, mold, or hurricane damage in the lobby, hallway, or my room. I would definitely stay here again for business purposes.

• Stayed June 2007
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2007

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Slidell for one night while travelling through the area. It was a great choice for our purposes; moderate cost, clean simple room, close to the highway and not in the middle of commercial sprawl.

Furnishings were clean and simple. The room generally was lacking nothing and while not apparently newly renovated, not overly worn. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet although the hotel was fairly full.

The breakfast buffet was in a small area off the lobby and selection was minimal: coffee, juice, pastry, bagels, cereal. Not fancy, but adequate.
If looking for an affordable and comfortable stay, we'd certainly stay there again.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple