New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
southern IN
“Perfect for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stopped here on our girls road trip to New Orleans for the Jazz Fest. Just needed a place to hang out and relax for a night or two before moving on to N.O. and this turned out to be perfect for us. Staff was very kind and friendly. Clean rooms, clean pool. No complaints. Would return without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
irismurray, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thanks for stopping by! We appreciate the many compliments and to know that we are your prefer hotel in Slidell. Hope you had fun at JAZZ FEST.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on our drive to New Jersey for his military duty.The reviews on Tripadvisor were great, so I decided to give them a try!

Let me say that the experience at the hotel was great! Nice room, great service - very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The temperature in the room was great! The AC control actually allowed me to make the room the perfect temperature for comfort througout the night. It was a great night's stay after driving all day from Texas. Upon arrival and check-in, they give you a little gift package with water, chips and some candy - a "", a little something to hold you over! It was very sweet and very unexpected, but a wonderful surprise.

I just have one note of caution for other military families - if you are using a military discount, please make certain that you get the correct information from whoever you makes your reservation. When I made our reservation, I spoke to two different people and they both gave me the same information - yes they have a military discount, and which room did I want? I told them the king bed would be fine. The next day when checking out, I realized we were charged a different rate than the one that had been quoted me at the time of my making the reservation. I took it up with the manager, and she told me that the policy was that king beds did not get the military discount. I totally understood this but that wasn't the information that I was given the night before. Needless to say, the manager was very nice and very helpful, and in the end she gave us the lower rate which had been officially quoted. I really appreciate her taking the time and working with us in that way. Their customer service is very good and for me beyond reproach. Even after this mix up, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I had the opportunity!

Thanks for a good experience!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
My apologies for the rate mix up. Yes, we offer military rates on a specific room type and my front desk agent should have notified you of such. She is our newest member at Comfort Inn & Suites and is still learning. I do appreciate your understanding and the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you and hope to see you soon.
knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Glad that we selected this location to spend two days in Slidell, LA. Candace on evening shift made the difference....... with her friendly smile and being very helpful. After check-in for a bus group on the first night (we were not apart of this check-in), she remained calm and super polite to everyone. Great trooper!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback and the opportunity to provide you with our service. We are pleased to know that Candice was able to accomodate your needs and make the difference! Hope to see you in the near future.
Norman, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Excellent stay! Rooms are very clean and well maintained! Staff is very courteous! Tasha made the difference! Whenever she was on shift the Breakfast was excellent. She was very attentive allways checking to make sure ther was enough for everyone. Very hard worker, super polite, and great communication skills! She is a keeper!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking time to write this review. Our goal is to provide our guest with first class service. We also thank you for the wonderful compliments you wrote about Tasha...YES she is a keeper! Thank you.
Chipley, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was my first stay at this location. When I return to the area, I WILL stay here again. Candice was most awesome in helping me. She was extremely busy, but took time to help me. That means a lot. I stay at hotels about 9 months out of the year. This was one of the best, if not the best, stay thus far this year. Thank you, Candice, for making my stay a great one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the opportunity to accomodate your lodging needs. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon!
Pompano Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was the second time we stayed there. We thought it was one of the nicest Choice Hotels we have stayed at and continue to feel that way. Very tastefully furnished room with flat screen TV and a small TV in bath. The room was very clean seemed once again as if we had if been first to use room. Very pleasant staff, small gift welcome bag and fresh baked cookies in the late afternoon.. The bed was very comfortable and the curtains closed well for privacy. There is a sign on the front desk suggesting that you rate them on Trip Advisor. If they keep up what they’re doing, they don't have anything to fear from their guests. Breakfast was fairly complete with waffles, a chafing dish that day with omelet squares, sausage, and biscuits, 3 kinds of cereal, bread, muffins, etc. butter, spread, cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
irismurray, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
The Comfort Inn & Suites staff thanks you for taking time to rate our performance. We are pleased to know that we met your expectations. We also thank you for becoming a loyal guest! Hope to see you soon.
Zeeland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We greatly appreciated how friendly and helpful the staff was. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great with a large selection to choose from. Thank you for making this portion of our trip enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan V
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff and breakfast. It is our goal to provide genuine care and comfort to all our guests. Hope to see to see you in the near future!