“AWESOME STAY!!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was on of our best hotel experiences in this area. We were going to New Orleans for Mardi gras, and chose to stay in Slidell to be close to the swamp tours as well as to avoid over priced and over crowded areas in New Orleans. We were EXTREMELY pleased with the hotel. It was immaculately cleaned, the rooms are HUGE, we had the two queen beds w a sleeper sofa, but were able to put an air mattress in the room w the beds and still had plenty of walking room. The breakfast was great. The choices change daily, the "light dinner" was enough to fill up my growing teenagers!! The pool was actually clean and useable, although it was winter. We were also able to utilize the other amenities, from the fire pit used to roast marshmallows, to the free washer and dryer. The absolute best part, was the staff. They were all so very friendly, but my family of 6 agree that Charley was the best!! She knew us by our names from the moment we checked in, she was very informative, always had a smile and just went the extra mile. As a business owner customer service is very important to me, and the staff at this hotel were tops!! The price was soo reasonable, and then you add the awesome service, this will definitely be our regular hotel when we visit the area!!

2  Thank toiy28
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell! I appreciate your time. Mardi Gras is a great time in the area, and I'm thrilled you and your fellow travelers stayed with us! There are so many benefits of staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, and it's good to know the teenagers were full after the complimentary meals!
Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

It was the last results for a place to stay in Louisiana during Madi Gras weekend 2012. Our Hotel reservation for Comfort Inn was given away and all surrounding Hotels were booked. I made one last stop to check for availability before driving all the way back to Houston Texas in the middle the night. That stop was at the Homewood Suites and they also had no vacancy, but a nice and friendly employee went above and beyond to help my family find a place to stay so we could enjoy the Madi Gras. Mrs. MryaTuner had Spectacular Customer Service and she found us a room at one of their other locations. The Hampton was also a nice place to stay for the weekend and they too had Great Customer Service and nice rooms. I just want to say Thank You to both locations I appreciate your service!!! :)

1  Thank dedejone1234

Thank you for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. Even though the hotel was sold out for Mardi Gras, I'm pleased to know Myra Turner (Assistant General Manager) assisted you and your guests. I feel it is important to help each and every traveler even if they are not staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell.
Please let us know if you plan to travel back to the Slidell area!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

On Tuesday of this week I received a call that my 90 year old mother's first cousin had died in Slidell,LA. Services would be either Thursday or Friday. I immediately booked Thursday and Friday nights at The Homewood Inn And Suites in Slidell having stayed there on three previous occasions. Upon arrival at this very fine Inn on Thursday following the burial, I informed the front desk agent, Ms Myra Turner, that we would be departing on Friday morning because of the scheduling of the services and therefore needed to cancel the reservation for The two rooms on Friday night. I checked in both rooms and left to park the car while my Mom's caretaker helped her into the Inn. When my Mom and her caretaker entered the lobby, Ms Turner had already prepared a hand written sympathy card addressed to my family. I ask you , when have you ever received this much personal attention while traveling?

This Homewood Inn is 100% top-of-the-line. This was my fourth stay in the last 12 months. Each time the Inn and the personnel have exceeded my expectations.

B. Greer
Katy, TX

1  Thank Bonnie G
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Homewood Suites. We are sorry to hear of your loss, however, take comfort in the fact that the staff was able to assist with accommodations and changes. Please know you and your family are in our prayers and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is clean, beautifully appointed and filled with friendly, helpful staff. Our room was the best. We loved having a separate room for tv/dvd viewing, the full kitchen and two work-stations. The internet truly was high-speed, which isn't always the case. The beds were comfortable. Finally. A comfortable hotel bed. The business end of the bathroom was separated from the sink area by a door. The roomy closet had mirrored doors which was a plus.Breakfast was excellent and the breakfast station was always clean and well-stocked. As a tea drinker, I liked having an assortment of teas to choose from. There was shopping nearby. My only complaint was that the turn for the hotel was not well-marked for evening hours and our GPS did not recognize the address. Very minor, minor issue. We will definitely stay at Homewood Suites again.

Room Tip: We liked the easy access of having our room on the first floor located on front of the hotel. Others...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MabSings
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of our hotel! Your time and kind comments are greatly appreciated.
I'm happy to know you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed the selection of tea, the high speed internet, comfort and more!
We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

First the good:
-Great staff that is very personable and attentive.
-Clean rooms with comfortable beds.
-Better than average exercise room.
-Wonderful lobby area with good free breakfast/evening reception offerings

Now for the bad:
This hotel has only been open for a short amount of time and unfortunately is the shoddiest construction I've ever seen at any new Hilton property.
-Extremely poor noise insulation between floors so you can hear the person in the room above you walking around.
-Range hoods in kitchen are unvented so food smells tend to linger throughout rooms and hallways.
-Cracking/peeling drywall, crooked walls, loose light fixtures, closet doors that won't stay on their tracks, holes in the walls around electrical outlets, holes in the shower surround from incorrectly installed grab bars, missing grout.

On my first stay I wrote it off as perhaps just a single room being poorly finished but I've stayed multiple times now and all of the rooms had similar issues.

Is it a deal breaker? No, and I'll continue to stay here unless something better is built in Slidell. However I shudder to think of what shape this hotel will be in a few years from now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor to avoid noise that comes through the ceiling.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eternal_Road_Warrior
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Eternal Road Warrior,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your positive comments about the staff, Suite Dreams bedding, exercise room, Suite Start Breakfast and Welcome Home Reception. There are a number of amenities that complete a hotel, and as a team, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell strives to be the best.
I also appreciate the feedback about your concerns about specific issues in the suites. I feel it is important to address your concerns, and would like to speak with you directly about the concerns. If possible, can you contact me at your convenience (Trip Advisor doesn't supply personal information). You stated you will stay with us again, and hopefully I will have the opportunity to personally meet with you.
Again, thank you and I appreciate your time.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband & I traveled to Louisiana for the first time & wanted to experience towns outside of New Orleans. We tried the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Slidell, and to be honest, we figured it would be an average hotel considering the rates & not thinking this area to be a real "hot spot." Boy, were we wrong! First of all, it is a brand new hotel that was absolutely spotless. The suite we had was beautiful -- everything was as if we were walking into a brand new condo. Spacious, two flat screened TVs, a beautiful kitchen plus a fabulous laundry room across the hall. The common area was huge, clean & the hotel had wonderful breakfasts & dinners, all included in the price. We were amazed at the Southern hospitality we received in little ol' Slidell. I only hope Hilton ensures this hotel stays as lovely as it was when we visited so others enjoy the same experience we had!

Room Tip: As we are "clean freaks," we loved being near the laundry room! It was very quiet, too, s...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Linnie D
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I'm thrilled that you believe our Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell to be a "Wonderful Surprise"! It is always a pleasure when guests have such a positive experience, and then share the experience.
Please let me us know if you are traveling to Slidell again. We would love to see you!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have been traveling for the past several weeks and have stayed at this hotel 3 times. I am so impressed with the staff they have there. They are very courteous and always go above and beyond to make me feel at home. The rooms are also very nice and clean. The common area is a cool place to just hang out.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Derek D
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Thanks for taking time to submit a review about your experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell! I appreciate your time.
The staff and I are thrilled you had such a tremendous experience, and enjoy that you have been here multiple times. We know how important it is to have guests "feel at home" while traveling. Especially when they are with us during the work week, for several weeks at a time.
Again, thank you. And we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!