“Excellent Stay During Final Four”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Delaware,Ohio
“Excellent Stay During Final Four”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed in Slidell as a matter of choice and we were glad that we did. We were impressed with the staff and their hard work and friendliness. They went beyond the call of duty to make us feel comfortable during our 8 day stay and answered our every need eagerly with a smile. The breakfast and evening meal was very good. In all honesty we will schedule another visit to see our new found friends soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank VanceH_12
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!
Pablo Melendez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Best Homewood ever. All should take after this one. Exceptional! Great staff as well. Beyond clean.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Wassanga
San Diego
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just finished a five night stay here while attending the final four. I agree with all the great reviews about this hotel, friendly workers, good breakfast, beautiful rooms. If you need to stay in Slidell, LA, definitely stay here! My only regret, and this is no fault of the hotel, is that I should have payed the extra money and stayed in New Orleans because each day, my wife and I would have to drive 45 mins just to get to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Stay in an upper room; Had room on first floor ... could here the stomping and the kitchen chairs be...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SD_Parrotheads
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I hope you enjoyed all the Final Four games and festivities.
I appreciate the compliments for the hotel, and hope that if you travel to the Slidell area again, you will stay with us.
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We traveled from Puerto Rico and chose another hotel which was horrible, we changed to this hotel and it truly saved our vacation. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, we were greeted with a smile and a great managers reception, where we got to relax and enjoy the hotel. Breakfasts were great, got us ready for our days. The rooms were clean, big and comfortable. We were assisted with tourist attractions and reservations for tours. The staff went out of their way to please us, and that makes a very big difference. Definitely, will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank elenasil
Thanks for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I'm so glad to know that your vacation was saved when you changed hotels to stay here! Thank you for the wonderful compliments about the food and beverage offered, spacious suites and helpful staff.
I hope that if you travel to the area again you and your family with stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell!
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My cousin and I came down from Louisville, Ky. for the final 4 in New Orleans. All the hotels in N.O. were booked but we found this one. The property is excellent, rooms are large and very comfortable. We had a king suite and we had more than enough room for 3 since my son drove down from Grambling were he attends college and stayed with us. Anthony Smith works the front desk and he really took care of us. We got there about 5 hours before check-in so he told us to go over to the breakfast area and eat and he would see what he could do. By the time we finished breakfast, which is wonderful, he had our room ready. It is an easy drive into N.O. only about 30-40 minutes but doesn't really seem that long. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. Again the breakfast is delicious; biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh cut fruit. I ate my breakfast next to the pool and it was very relaxing. Thanks again to all the Staff at Homewood Suites Slidell for a wonderful experience especially Anthony.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BusterB2007
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed here for six nights while touring the New Orleans area. Little hard to find, but a quiet location with easy access to the expressway. The rooms were very neat and clean and the breakfasts and managers reception were very good. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. They were always on hand to greet you and visit with you. When leaving the manager even gave us suggestions for what to see at our next stop. It's located about 30 miles from the French Quarter, but is a very comfortable drive into the city. Great place to stay and relax.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 628KathleenH
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed in the suites for the month of February with my Parents whilst my Dad was working in the area. The Hotel was great, the staff were very friendly towards me and all the staff and other guests greeted me by name every day. The food in the mornings and evenings was also great. The staff were very accommodating bringing me a highchair and cot to our room, and i was also spoit with a few gifts from the manager. The rooms were top notch with air conditioning and a decent kitchen. The laundry was also very useful for my bibs and other washing. We tried the hot pool one night which was great too. Im hoping to come back again if im allowed. Henry (13 months).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HenryJamesJohnson
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thanks so much for submitting a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell! And I must say I'm quite impressed with your typing skills at 13 months!! The entire team enjoyed you and your parents staying with us for 1 month! And I know your mom enjoyed taking you for buggy rides to Wal-Mart!
Please let us know if you are ever back in the area, and we wish you and your parents the best!!