“Old time Chinese food”

China Gate Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Terrytown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 19, 2016

The food is very good and reasonable. We had enough to bring home for our next day lunch. There is an extensive menu. The lunch is an extra value with a soup included. The waitress and chef were great. Crispy duck excellent and has vegs which the menu doesn't say it includes.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

China Gate is plan and simple good food. We don't often dine in, usually we just get take out, as our house is right down the street.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I just rediscovered this Chinese restaurant
He always gets crispy duck. It comes with rice and vegs
I love the hot sour soup and the Lemon chicken. The prices are very reasonable esp for lunch. They have a extensive drink list and a friendly staff. They do a lot of take out business.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016

You can count on everything being fresh here and you will never have a bad meal. The staff are friendly and it is excellent for dining in or taking out.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed October 29, 2015

At one time, the staff greeted you with a smile, and kindness. those days seem gone forever. Now you get very little hospality. Today I was blamed for the fact that although I flushed the commode in the men's room twice, there seemed to still be a problem with their plumping. Instead of checking on that, the manager yelled at me out on the sidewalk. Very rude. The food is average but not worth the aggravation. I won't be back.

Makes me sad because likes I said, at one time it was a pleasant place to eat

Date of visit: October 2015