Free cancellation until 03/08
US$76
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$148
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

Economy Inn(Thibodaux)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$72
US$64
Hotels.com
All reviewspool areafree hot breakfastcookiessausagefriespleasant surpriseroom was cleanvisit familyin townnew orleansgreat reviewssouthern hospitalitynice pooldefinitely stay here againnicholls state universityenjoyed our staywaffles
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time staying at the Carmel Inn and Suites and I was very satisfied with my stay. The property was home for over a century to the convention and academy of the Sisters of Mount Carmel and the hotel retains the original cupola and some of the structural shell. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel was very clean. There is a small business area (laptop, desk, and four-door printer scanner) in the lobby. The rooms are clean and spacious. The room attendants are very dutiful and take pride in their work. There is a very spacious dining area where a full hot Southern breakfast is offered from 6:00 to 9:00 daily. The hotel also has meeting rooms for events and conferences. Though I didn't swim, I noticed several people swimming and enjoying the pool area. The hotel is located near Nicholls State University (four minutes by car) and the downtown government buildings and businesses. I have to say again, that the price was very good for the quality of the property and the service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

What wonderful review and do hope to meet you during a repeat stay. Thanks so much, these reviews sure make our day when we read them at our stand around's. Our daily meetting allows us to make our guest stay a better one.
Safe Travels,
Greg Gaubert

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We spent a weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. Lots of television stations, especially movie channels, to watch. Also had fridge and microwave. The neighborhood was quiet, yet walking distance to the main shopping area and restaurants. Continental breakfast was also included.

Stayed: May 2017
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Just to clarify, our breakfast is a "hot breakfast", and may be confused with a continental. Our morning daily hot line of fresh scrambled eggs, grits, sausage gravy, biscuits and bacon served on Sunday's. The continental part of our menu aspects are as following: yogurts, muffins, toast white or wheat, bagels, seven choices of pop tarts, waffles, oat meal, hot chocolate, bottle water, and three cereals. Coffee is served 24 hours a day. Reason I mention this, is we hope you didn't miss the hot items that our staff host or hostess serve.

Also if you stay Monday to Wednesday, we offer a managers reception of hot plate items, salad and cake at no additional charge.
Thanks for staying with us for this weekend, we hope to see you again soon.
Ask for me, I would like to thank you in person for coming back and if you have any additional questions you might have.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

we did our wedding renewal there and booked a room also, i've never stayed at a hotel with such happy workers, great service, wonderful atmosphere, and a comp. breakfast that beats everyone.
Very well worth it !!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Amy & Tommy Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!
We try to make a fun time a great time and hope your memories fine ones as well.
Your group knows how to throw a party. We wish you many more years celebrating together! Hope to see you again soon for any occasion.

Thanks Again, Greg and Rhonda

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I stayed at the Carmel for two nights. The room was clean and everything was in working order. The staff was nice and professional. The hotel is located in a good location for getting around Thibodaux. I enjoyed the pool and the free breakfast. I also enjoyed reading about the history of this historic site. It was very quiet and peaceful.I would definitely recommend the Carmel and I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Greg G, Manager at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Mandy, thank you for the nicest review, and the time you took to write it. My father, Lloyd F. Gaubert Sr. open this hotel for the community in 1973. His mission to have a clean and value added place for guest to stay. Today my wife Rhonda and I take pride bringing and making hospitality a priority to our guest experience. Next time you stay with us, please let us know your back, because we would like to thank you and meet you. Have a many safe travels.
Our Best,
Greg and Rhonda

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I have been staying at the Carmel Inn for six weeks. It has become a second home. From the delicious food every morning at breakfast, thanks to Mr. Arthur and Miss Jo, and the wonderful suppers by Miss Barbara and Mr. Arthur, I am eating well and healthy. Miss Shantelle and all of the rest of the housekeeping staff have made my room sparkle every day. Mr. and Mrs. Gaubert, the owners, have gone out of their way to make sure I feel safe 24 hours a day. I have traveled all over the world, and the Carmel Inn reminds me of a boutique hotel in Europe.

Room Tip: First floor rooms very close to parking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Wow our people and staff are on the ball!!! This review made many smiling employees and pride booster, which was read at our daily meeting. We are happy to see reviews and to this caliber is we can not say thank you enough. If there is anything we can do to make your future stays even better, we are open to those suggestions. Best to you and your family and always have many safe travels.

In Hospitality,