All reviewspool areacookiesfree hot breakfastroom was cleanpleasant surprisefriesin townsausagenew orleanssouthern hospitalitygreat reviewsnice poolnicholls state universityenjoyed our staywonderful placefeel like familydefinitely stay here again
Reviewed October 25, 2017

This is the best place in the tri-parish area! I stay here every year, looking forward to my visit each year. It is locally owned and the pride in ownership really shows. It is a happy place with happy employees, the facility is great and well maintained. They serve breakfast every morning, Jo and Arthur are so welcoming and friendly, plus they give ideas of interesting places to visit in the area as well. There is also dinner three days a week too. All included in your room rate. I recommend the Carmel Inn to anyone, business people, families, tourists, short stays, long stays, it's all great.

Room Tip: I like around the pool
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Jo and Arthur will be so happy to hear about your experience! It always validates the job they are doing. When you come back next year please tell them your back and ask for me. Somedays are not easy, but with positive reviews rocks our world.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I am a 68 year old woman on a solo coast to coast road trip and picked this Inn due to great reviews and I love finding locally owned businesses versus the chains on every intersection. I was looking for a place about an hour out of New Orleans and very pleased I found this place.
Right off the bat I was made to feel welcome . Room was clean and bed was comfortable situated steps from the pool .
The two ladies behind desk were extremely helpful in giving me places to see while visiting. There is a fabulous old cemetery two blocks away and a foot bridge over the bayou for beautiful sunsets.
Breakfast was meats and eggs with various other items.
I will definitely visit again if ever in the area .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thanks for this great review. We take pride in our hotel and our guest are number one.
Really glad you found us and remembered to write this review. The reviews lift the moral of my staff when they see reviews as well as potential customers.
Hope to meet you when you do return.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time staying at the Carmel Inn and Suites and I was very satisfied with my stay. The property was home for over a century to the convention and academy of the Sisters of Mount Carmel and the hotel retains the original cupola and some of the structural shell. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel was very clean. There is a small business area (laptop, desk, and four-door printer scanner) in the lobby. The rooms are clean and spacious. The room attendants are very dutiful and take pride in their work. There is a very spacious dining area where a full hot Southern breakfast is offered from 6:00 to 9:00 daily. The hotel also has meeting rooms for events and conferences. Though I didn't swim, I noticed several people swimming and enjoying the pool area. The hotel is located near Nicholls State University (four minutes by car) and the downtown government buildings and businesses. I have to say again, that the price was very good for the quality of the property and the service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

What wonderful review and do hope to meet you during a repeat stay. Thanks so much, these reviews sure make our day when we read them at our stand around's. Our daily meetting allows us to make our guest stay a better one.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We spent a weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. Lots of television stations, especially movie channels, to watch. Also had fridge and microwave. The neighborhood was quiet, yet walking distance to the main shopping area and restaurants. Continental breakfast was also included.

Stayed: May 2017
Greg G, Owner at Carmel Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Just to clarify, our breakfast is a "hot breakfast", and may be confused with a continental. Our morning daily hot line of fresh scrambled eggs, grits, sausage gravy, biscuits and bacon served on Sunday's. The continental part of our menu aspects are as following: yogurts, muffins, toast white or wheat, bagels, seven choices of pop tarts, waffles, oat meal, hot chocolate, bottle water, and three cereals. Coffee is served 24 hours a day. Reason I mention this, is we hope you didn't miss the hot items that our staff host or hostess serve.

Also if you stay Monday to Wednesday, we offer a managers reception of hot plate items, salad and cake at no additional charge.
Thanks for staying with us for this weekend, we hope to see you again soon.
Ask for me, I would like to thank you in person for coming back and if you have any additional questions you might have.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

we did our wedding renewal there and booked a room also, i've never stayed at a hotel with such happy workers, great service, wonderful atmosphere, and a comp. breakfast that beats everyone.
Very well worth it !!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Amy & Tommy Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!
We try to make a fun time a great time and hope your memories fine ones as well.
Your group knows how to throw a party. We wish you many more years celebrating together! Hope to see you again soon for any occasion.

Thanks Again, Greg and Rhonda