“Is Right on the Mississippi River”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vidalia
Lancaster, WI
“Is Right on the Mississippi River”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Rooms were clean. Staff was very nice. They have a very large patio right on the river. Connects to the river walk....wonderful river walk. Very good breakfast...hot with eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy & much more. Well worth the extra $10.00 for a riverview room.....large windows. Would stay here again,.

Room Tip: Get the riverview rooms...worth the extra $10.00
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovegoodfood899

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Nice property right on the Mississippi looking at Natchez.
Ask for a River-side room. Nice pool and a bar and restaurant.
Room was bigger than most ..and breakfast was on real plates and bowls with silverware.
Salon and Spa next door .... and a great lighted Riverwalk right out front.
Easy access to Natchez sights ...right across bridge

Room Tip: River -side
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rllbol
Reviewed 20 February 2012

room far below our expectations of comfort suites! (see pics) carpet extremely worn and stained, furniture worn and stained. although not visible there was something on the bathroom floor since my shoes stuck to the floor with every step. my husband and I were here only for one night for a quick getaway. I had booked and paid through hotels.com, and desk clerk tried to charge me again at check-in. the awesome river view was the only redeeming quality. steer clear until they decide to update/ clean rooms!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank nickioli
Brandon, MS
Reviewed 14 February 2012

When you read this review, take into account that this is not the cheapest room in the place, but the King Suite with the river view.

I brought my wife to the Natchez area for the weekend before Valentine's Day and chose this hotel based on location, view, and the pictures on this site. I will walk you through my experience and you can decide for yourself.

Hotel is on the Mississippi Riverfront, so the view is cool and the location is convenient. The hotel is showing some age form the outside, but who cares. The lobby was very clean and gave us much more hope than the exterior.

The front desk staff (Friday night 2/10/2012) was cheerful and welcoming. I was checked in immediately without a hitch. My wife and went upstairs, dropped our bags in the room and went out to catch our dinner reservation. At this point, we were content and looking forward to coming back to the hotel after dinner.

Upon coming back to our room later that evening, I made some startling discoveries upon turning on the room light. On the floor (in multiple places) and on the bed comforter, there was the cream colored dried liquid remnant you see in 2 or three of the pictures. It was not a stain, as scrubbed a spot with my shoe and it became powdery. I can only hope that this was numerous hot chocolate spills and not bodily fluids of some kind. Look at the comforter and judge for yourself.

Too tired to make a fuss that night, I rolled up the comforter and covered the mess on the floor. However, there wasn't too much I could do about the filthy walls(4 pictures) or the ripped furniture.

OK, OK, I know... It's a 'Comfort Suites', but I'm sorry clean is clean is clean wherever you go. This was not clean. Please see the pics that I've uploaded (room 240).

On the upside, the room was large, and the view of the river and bridge (lit up at night) was enjoyable. The highspeed wireless internet service was about what you'd expect in a hotel. One oddity, if you book a suite with a separate sitting area... don't you usually find the sitting area first and the "bedroom" hidden from view of the door? Not here. The bed is just past the bathroom, and around the corner was the sitting area. Not bad... just odd. Definitely not a dealbreaker, just...odd.

The room was quiet and we slept undisturbed.

Saturday morning we went downstairs, an hour before the buffet breakfast was closed, to find the hot bar was EMPTY save for a full tub of grits and the remnants of a handful of scrambled eggs. We decided to go back upstairs, grab our luggage, and try it again in about 10 minutes. Coming back, we found the same thing. There was plenty of cold breakfast items on the other bar, but we were out of luck for a hot breakfast.
[To note: I did not book our stay with the breakfast being a deciding factor, so I can't say it ruined my day, BUT I was pleased to get the "free buffet breakfast coupon" at check-in... and it was a disappointment.]

At this point, I stopped by the front desk to check out (between 9am-10am 2/11/2012 if anyone from CS is reading this) and was again disappointed to find the cheerful Friday night desk staff replaced with their polar opposite. Upon describing my room condition, the only response I received was a flippant "I'll let housekeeping know." At that point I decided that this was not the person to either present my issues to, or to whom to praise the previous night's help.

If the room was cleaned/maintained properly, more attention was paid to the buffet in the morning, and the Saturday morning front desk employee were friendly and helpful (another note to CS: all 3 totally achievable without spending any additional $) my rating would be much higher and I would gladly recommend this hotel. As it stands today, I'd try something else.

Room Tip: I chose the suite with the king bed and got a spacious, but dirty room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonnylbluejeans
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I love being able to walk along the river walk and everyone from front desk staff to the restaurant staff is so sweet and welcoming! The only thing I'm hesitant to recommend is the indoor heated pool, it never seems to be warm. Rather shocking to hop in and expect warmth and it isn't. Love love love the breakfast selection in the morning. And again the breakfast staff is so helpful too, I often travel with my children and they are so sweet to help me with managing multiple plates for the little ones. Love the convenience to Natchez and appreciate the quiet location. A room with a river view is definitely the way to go. All rooms seem to be quiet.

Room Tip: ask for a river view, it doesn't disappoint.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Centerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed here for two nights on our way home just to unwind from a long road trip. The location is super, at least it was for us. Just a short trip over the bridge and you're in Natchez, MS. The riverwalk was wonderful as well. It was clean, friendly and a good place just to sit and watch the boat traffic on the Mississippi River.
We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a view go for the riverfront rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Made my initial reservations on Dec. 1, 2011. This is a beautiful hotel with very nice rooms. Had to call that Monday, Dec. 5th to move my reservations back a day. Made my call thru 411 since traffic on I-65 in north Mobile is hectic to say the least. The agent at the hotel checked my reservations, said it would be no problem to move them back a day and he would take care of it. Wed. night I get to the hotel and find out nothing was ever done to my reservations and they hotel cancelled. They could not rebook as they were full. I called the 1-800 number for reservations and they found the phone call I made to the hotel via information, even tho the hotel denied such a call was ever made. Talked to a supervisor and he offered to put me up in their low end hotel in Natchez, where I have stayed before - it was a fleabag. he gaave a number to Customer Relations and I talked to a Cathy. In a nutshell, she said nothing could be proven, so nothing would be done.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vidalia
1.4 km away
1.3 km away
Super 8 Natchez
Super 8 Natchez
#8 of 16 in Natchez

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!