“Bread Pudding to die for”

Trapp's Cajun & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in West Monroe
Description: The year was 1898 when the Trappey name would elevate its presence in Louisiana history. Bernard Trappey created a hot sauce recipe that he knew would be a hot commodity, he along with 11 sons embarked on this exciting new business venture together. In 1913 Bernard - somewhat reluctantly - agreed to let a cigar salesman peddle the sacred Trappey's hot sauce. It was that key decision which propelled their business to a whole new level. The company grew over the years and is now distributed nationwide as well as abroad in Europe, Japan, South America, and Mexico. So, before you leave our restaurant, take a look at our family photos on the wall and take a walk down memory lane with us capturing several generations of Trappey's Hot Sauce!
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

You have got to want to go to Trapps, it's not on the route to anywhere, but well worth the trip. Draft beer, mostly local craft beers. Not a "catfish house", no hush puppies. Food is GREAT. I wanted to save room for the Bread Pudding, so I had the Jambalaya and a Nacho Seafood Potato. Both were great, but were served at the same time. The Jambalaya has a strong flavor. I liked the potato much more, the flavors were much more subtle in a cheese sauce. Now comes the bread pudding. As with the Jambalaya, there is not standard Bread Pudding. I think the whiskey sauce makes this one. IT'S GREAT. Trapp's is a somewhat typical inland seafood house but with a Cajun flare. The menu is broad and sure to please most. I plan to make a return visit.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

We'd heard great things and were not disappointed! Try the crawfish queso to start! The service was great. We only wished the beer menu to be larger.

1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Some of the best fried shrimp I've ever eaten. The atmosphere is great. Loved sitting out on the deck overlooking the river.

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

The food and service was excellent!! I still cannot get the seafood nachos off my mind!! They are a must order!!

Reviewed February 9, 2017

Trapps was recommended to me and I am so glad it was. It is a friendly place, with a deck over looking the river, good food and a welcoming bar. Definitely a place to see if you are a visitor and want excellent seafood and local cuisine