“rugs are never cleaned”

Best Western Bayou Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westwego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 June 2011

i am not even going to give a rate because this hotel seemed to be remodel but the carpets where just filty. walked in my cotton sock less than one minute later they looked like i stepped on charcoal almost dry dark mud. the sheets didnt looked clean fresh. i been meanning to post this but somehow i got sidetrack so here it is. no client deserves to relaxed in filt. forget the rewards card if you going to sleep in places like this yuk !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Very very nice and friendly staff. We stayed here for a three -day weekend, before boarding a cruise to Mexico. Toured French Quarter and sites. Since this hotel is a bit farther from downtown, so we car pooled together to the Algiers Ferry, parked, and took the ferry across the river. The ferry runs til midnight, and is free. Don't miss it. Gives a great view of the city. Parking is only $10 near the ferry on the Algiers side, but can be as high as $12/hr in the French Quarter. All the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They recommended good places to eat. The breakfast room is a bit small, but it had all the necessary items for a comfy breakfast and the attendant was on top of things all morning. Important to know: no elevator, all smoking rooms are upstairs on second floor. The exercise room on the second floor has an eliptical machine and a bicycle. The bicycle's electronics are a bit wacked, but the elipitcal machine worked fine. It was sparsely equipped, but did have water, mirrors, and towels available. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend. It was too cold on the weekend that we arrived, to use the pool. Since they do not have transport to the cruise terminal, you will need to park your car at the terminal. For a 5-day cruise, it was $80. It was still cheaper to pay that, than it would have been to get accommodations in the French Quarter. So we considered this hotel to be a value. The three-day hotel package price was very reasonable considering the other prices in the New Orleans area. We had a laptop, and enjoyed using the high-speed internet access to get info on New Orleans sites while we were there.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Easily accessible, pleasant unimposing surroundings, parking well-lighted, QUIET, smooth sheets, two free cokes or beer during happy hour, couldn't ask for much more while traveling through. Walkin rate better than reservation rate. Top notch value. I recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Bayou Inn in Westwego, LA while we were in the area to visit with some relatives and venture into New Orleans for sightseeing. All of the staff was friendly and cheerful and our room was larger than expected and very clean. The happy hour snacks and continental breakfast were both nice and the rooms were quiet for sleeping. The location is close to New Orleans making day trips into New Orleans for sightseeing very easy. I would definitely stay there again when/if we visit the New Orleans area again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2010

My wife and I spent a week at the Best Western Bayou Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the complimentary breakfast was great and the happy hour was a pleasant surprise. The staff was very knowledge about the area and were helpful in providing driving directions when needed. Without hesitation we would recommend this hotel as a place to stay and when we return to this area this will be the place that we stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2010

My husband and I liked the location of this hotel as it was outside of the city. When we first arrrived we were placed in a smoking room after requesting non-smoking. We asked to switch rooms but due to it being Mardi Gras they were completely booked. We had to stay two days in a room that smelled of stale smoke which was not ideal. Afterwards we were transferred to a handicap room with a door that joined onto another suite and we had the worst neighbors possible! They were loud and vulgar and kept us up one night until we had to call security to ask them to keep it down. On our last day there our flight was leaving New Orleans at 2pm. We asked for a later check out time and were informed that if we stayed past 11am we would be charged for another day. The rooms were alright but furniture was falling apart. I also noted that their website may need some updating as some services they claimed to offer, such as a shuttle to downtown, was no longer. Overall, it was an okay place to stay but we won't be back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2008

I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel.I spoke with the manager Nancy to book my reservation and and all the amenities she sold me on weren't available.My reason for choosing this hotel was the exercise facility because my wife is in the army and works out daily.The exercise room had no treadmill or weight machine.An eliptical machine and a sitdown bike was the only equipment available.My wife began to use the eliptical machine and nearly fell off of it into the mirrors on the wall because it was broken.we ended up spending 50 bucks for a membership to a gym a bout 5 miles away.The hotel is two floors but has no elevator so i had to bring our luggage up a flight of stairs.Sausausge biscuits were advertised for breakfast and the whole week i went to the breakfast area i never saw one sausage biscuit.There's also a convienience store located right next to the hotel,if you stay in any room between 203-209 you'll have to deal with people playing their car stereos pretty loud just about anytime of day or night.And on our last day of our stay we noticed the ceiling leaked and we had to be moved to a room across the hall.My wife and i would be out during the day visiting our family members and would return to the room later at night and everyday that we did we noticed a very stale odor,which may have been caused by the leaking roof.I asked for the manager Nancy and she wasn't available.Maria,who was very helpful the whole stay,contacted Nancy and explained what happened.I wanted at least to get our last night free but Nancy said she could only give us half off.What type of customer service is this?Is this anyway to treat the military community or the general public for that matter.I can truly say this is the worst hotel experience ever and next year when we return to visit relatives we definitely will look at another hotel!I contacted Nancy on tuesday july first and explained to her my experience at her hotel and she took my name and number and promised to return my call on july third.I have yet to hear from her.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
msthanki, Corporate Office at Best Western Bayou Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2009

Hi! Thank you for your response. While I am disappointed with the outcome of your stay, I do appreciate the feedback. There is no excuse.

We have and will continue to make sure, that we exceed the expectations of ALL of our guests.

Since last July, we have made several changes to our property, including the management. We are focused on improving each day, ensuring the guest will back again, when they visit the area.

I would not blame you, if you didn't stay with us. But, if you decide to change your mind, i think you will be pleasantly surprised with all the additions we have made.

Thank you for your service to our country, it is a debt we owe, that we can never pay back. God bless the USA!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westwego
10.3 km away
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
10.6 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 23 in Metairie
10.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
4.3 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Marrero
6.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area
9.7 km away
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway

Been to Best Western Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!