All reviews one night national park bird watching meals safari
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Farcry is a wonderful place to stay in Wasgamuwa. The rooms are quite comfortable and ours had a big airy balcony. The resort is in a birds paradise, where one can see so many birds in close vicinity. White - browed fantail, Jerdons leafbird, Ceylon Grey hornbill, Malabar pied hornbill,Pied - crested Cuckoo, Warblers, Priniass, Tricolored munias, Tailorbirds, robins, Paradise flycatchers, Bee eaters, and so on. You can walk around the resort through the walkway and see their Papaya and Dragon fruit cultivation and enjoy the breeze and hear the chirping of innumerable birds.
Food is excellent and the hospitality is incomparable. Indika is a wonderful manager whom one who stayed there would always remember.
If it is Wasgamuwa, it would be always Farcry for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PRABHU60
Rukshan J, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Sir,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at FarCry, Wasgamuwa.

As we are close to an Important Bird Area (Wasgamuwa National Park) we have more than a 100 species of birds endemic, migratory and resident visiting our property.

We look forward to welcoming you to Wasgamuwa again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spent just one night at Far Cry and wish we had had more time there. The staff were very welcoming, the food delicious, and the room fabulous. The pool is large and clean, the wifi worked well, and the setting in the middle of the rainforest simply amazing. The Wasgamuwa National Park is nearby and we were lucky enough to see lots of wild elephants, water buffalo and more birds than I could list. This is an excellent place to stay for anyone who is visiting the region and the National Park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkrYuma
Rukshan J, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Yuma
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at FarCry. One night is certainly not enough to enjoy the attractions the area has to offer (we recommend at least 2 nights).
The Wasgamuwa National Park is just one of the attractions in the area. The Knuckles Mountain Range which can be used for hiking and the Mahiyangana Temple which is the site of the lord Buddhas 1st visit to Sri Lanka are just a few more attractions waiting to be visited.

I thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back at FarCry soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at farcry. It is a very nice place for all of us. No words to explain the scenic beauty of the place. It is a well balanced hotel with natural touch of the nature. The service provided by the all the staff members are highly appreciated.
I could recommend this place as one of the best places to get a trilling experience for both local and foreign travelers. And I am also sure that this location will become one of my repetitive traveling places for many years

Room Tip: I was in the room called “Diviya”. It has the panoramic view of the early sunrise and the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thepul
Rukshan J, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Sir

I thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor and providing us with your valuable feedback.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, as it was indeed a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We spent 3 nights at Far Cry. Had a great time. The food was amazing, the staff were friendly and were always looking to help. The grounds are great for bird watching and walks to the Mahaweli river. Service was really great. The Rooms were well lovely with a great feel to it. The mountain bikes are great. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SNDeSilva
Rukshan J, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Mr De Silva

I thank you for your valuable comments and for your excellent rating of FarCry, Wasgamuwa.

We are glad you enjoyed your time at FarCry and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am writing to express my appreciation for the quality of service you offered us the days of our stay at the Hotel Del . Despite the many offers we received from other hotels, we decided for you because of the unbeatable deal you offered us.

It was a good decision; we enjoyed the peace and quiet we needed, offered in all the facilities of your hotel. This definitely added to the excellent service of the staff .we will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family, and I’m sure I’ll be back on. Thanks again,

Dushantha Karunarathna - FOM Club Palm Bay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dushslithm2008
Rukshan J, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Dushyantha

I thank you for choosing FarCry for your management excursion for this year and we are glad you had a good time.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments.

Look forward to welcoming you again at FarCry and we will do our very best to serve you even better the next time. Lets keep in touch..