FarCry, Wasgamuwa
US$183
US$72
US$56
Priceline
Green View Holiday Resort(Elkaduwa)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$20
  • Restaurant
Clingendael(Digana)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2014 via mobile

Good location in the middle of a farm in a rural area..!!
Spacious rooms and superb pool !
Amazing food is the best thing !
Calm and quite ! Very friendly staff and excellent service !
Few hours drive to very scenic places and just five minutes walk to the river Mahaweli !!!
Bit over priced in terms of furnishing of the rooms and bathrooms and finishings of the buildings..

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time at Farcry, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms were wonderful and very spacious. The chef was excellent and all our meals were delicious . I would recommend Farcry to anone for a unique experience.

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank the_weeds2014
Reviewed 9 September 2014

We went to Far Cry without having much information but as soon as we stepped in we knew that we made the correct choice. We were a group of 18 ( 4 families with kids) and occupied 4 rooms and stayed 2 nights on FB basis. All were extremely happy about the Service, Rooms, Food and the nice, quiet and well maintained environment that allows total relaxation with nature. Indika & his team were excellent. Only area that needs improvement is the access road (about 500 meters) which was not in good shape. We love to visit FARCRY again and do not hesitate to recommend to all our friends. - Suresh Perera

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sureshjith
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I need a prove a point here .....because, before we went to FarCry, I could see this guest writing repeatedly all sorts of stories about their stay at FarCry. But I went ahead with the booking for 2 nights stay on full board basis. When we we reached the hotel, we were greeted by the hotel staff with lot of attention. From that moment on wards I was thinking that we made the correct decision to go ahead with the booking. I must tell you that this is a gem of hotel managed very well.What I saw on their web site was there!!!! Rooms and the all other facilities were really good. Food quality ,presentation and service was excellent. We were taken around the property by the hotel staff.They have nice farm ....The hotel is closer to Wasgamuwa Wildlife Park, Dambane Village (you could see indigenous people)and Knuckles Range.Just 5 minutes walk to the Mahaweli River.So Do NOT hesitate to go to FarCry..... We had a wonderful time over there!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dilip J
Farcry-Wasgamuwa, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Mr. Jayasundera,

It was very thoughtful of you to have reviewed on TripAdvisor. We are indeed pleased to hear that you valued our hospitality.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

You say my response has many untruths yet I am guest who had this all happen to my family and was not treated with any respect or kindness in the given situation. Considering you were not in the room when the Police asked for our passports, how can you say they did not? I remember clearly handing our passport to the Police officer.

You could stop twisting the truth, because the police had inspected all the passports at the hotel (with no money inside) and the 400US dollars were found LATER on at the police station. One of the police officers who wasn't wearing a uniform was in the car with you on the way to the station, so you could talk over the best way to conclude this whole scam. On the statement, it reads clearly what was missing.

As you can see and anyone else that us reading this, we didn't come to Sri Lanka to spend many hours at Police stations. We wasted so much time because of this situation. Obviously, something here is not right and you still have the nerve to say we are lying.

We asked for the number of the owner of the hotel, not the General Manager. I have not even said that the hotel manager and the General Manager are the same person. I was requesting and still am requesting the contact details to the owner. This is my right as the customer who has been put through this and has not been treated fairly by the manager to receive this information. You do not need to be an intelligence agency to be able to turn the WIFI Internet on or off.

We were the only people staying at the hotel at the time, which is why it makes us wonder why you could not give us the two rooms next to each other facing the pool. Perhaps you gave us that one room which was hidden from view, so that it would be easier to go inside the room and steal from the safe. When I look back on this and imagine that, while my family and I are swimming in the pool, enjoying ourselves, someone is in our room, rummaging in the safe, through my personal belongings. Now, all I am doing is warning and trying to protect the potential victims who could experience such misconduct.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Karolina J
Farcry-Wasgamuwa, Guest Relations Manager at FarCry, Wasgamuwa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

You have had your say, we have had ours. We can go on forever, let the readers decide!