“Best value in Bangor for Park and Fly!”
Review of Travelodge Bangor

Travelodge Bangor
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed at this Travelodge Bangor around 2006, and had a bad experience. So I was hesitant to stay there again. After some research, I found the Travelodge had the best Park and Fly rate for a long term stay anywhere in Bangor. $69.99 and you can leave your car there up to a month! All the other hotels charged 1 night stay (anywhere from $50 to $100), then a daily or weekly charge on top of that for leaving your car there.

Because of this bargain, I took a leap of faith, and booked the Travelodge Bangor again. Turns out I had a very pleasant surprise. The room was spacious, clean, and very pleasant. The exact opposite of my 2006 experience.

Wi-fi worked perfectly, water pressure was great. I left very early the next day, so I didn't get to try the continental breakfast, but it looked very minimal based on what I saw. I never expect much from a continental breakfast anyhow, especially from a budget motel. There's a Dunkin Donuts less than a minute drive away (about a 3 minute walk), so thats a cheap option if you're in need of coffee and quick food.

A few years ago I would have said to stay away from this motel, but now I say GO FOR IT, just keep your expectations in check, remember it's a budget motel. I was pleasantly surprised with my room, and the Park and Fly is a great rate.

Room Tip: The room I enjoyed was first floor, around in the back.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank duranie74

Reviewed 23 August 2011

The price is in line with what you get; however a fresh coat of paint and a good floor scrubbing could change perception of the place.
Beds are comfortable, linen is clean, location is good.
Breakfast is very basic, but for the price, it is a good value.
Staff is nice and welcoming; quick to help you if need be.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I was tired and to lazy to look elsewhere. That was a big mistake. This place is terrible, don't even think about it. Beds missing sheets, no internet, dirt everywhere, old and rundown shower/tub,sinks & furniture. I rode the bike way to long the day I stayed here and I should have left but to tired to bother. The rate wasn't cheap for what they offered. Stupid me! Never again Travelodge. The sad part about this place was they had no vacancies, a whole motel full of suckers lured in by the brand name.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank EKG777
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I am not sure what to make of the reception I got at the front desk. I had enough Wyndham Hotels reward points to book a free night at this Travelodge, which I did online. When I arrived, the woman at the desk told me there were no free nights available on the "Stay and Fly package" and the rate was $69. I said I didn't know anything about Stay and Fly, I just booked a room for the night using my reward points. OK, she said, I can give you the room for free, but I would have to pay for parking and for the airport shuttle. But that's crazy, I said, I am not leaving my car or going to the airport. I said, let me go to the car and get the printout of the reservation, it has a confirmation number. I took two steps toward the door and she said OK, no problem, it's a free night. Was she clueless? Was she trying to game me? I dunno. Anyway, the room was your typical low-price chain room, and clean enough for me. Good water pressure. Wi-fi worked fine. Breakfast was not very good and served in too small a space to accommodate all the guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoadTripRoger
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel (which is a joke) in Late November 2010 I was with a group of people and I had booked and paid for the rooms in advance. When we checked in they first tried to give us 2 rooms one on either side of the hotel... when I requested we were together they change rooms for me but the room in which I stayed it was so cold that we slept with an extra layer of clothes on. We had to put towels up against the bottome of the door as there was a huge gap between the bottom of the door and the frame, when I informed the front desk they just laughed.
I filed a formal complaint to the Travelodge and they had the the owners of this one call me. He agreed to give me back the cost of the one room that was in January of 2011 this is now July 2011 and I still have not recieved the refund on my VISA.
My advice is DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank catgirl2nb
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The room was somewhat clean. The breakfast was mediocre. The pool was pretty nice.
Beds were pretty comfy. TV channels were too few for my taste. The tape job they had done to hold the hair dryer on the wall had failed, so we walked into the room to find that on the floor. The shower had extremely weak water pressure, and the temperature never got above lukewarm. There was what I think was a security guard walking around the halls at night. I felt somewhat safe because of that, but then again, I felt unsafe because what does that mean for the crime in such a hotel? I never saw a problem, though. One other thing: The bathroom door made a loud squeaking sound when I shut it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NickMargie
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We were in town for a wedding. Stayed 2 nights. Fourth of July weekend. OK place for the money. Front desk however was horrible. A/C in room was not working. Guy at front desk said he would "restart"it, which he did not. When we went to check out, we were overcharged on several items, including the rate we were quoted online, and a charge for a room safe we did not use. It took us 1/2 hour to check out, and we were the only ones checking out. Difficult time connecting to the WiFi.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends