“Excellent Stay!”

Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel is fabulous! The friendly staff was helpful and the room was really clean. I was given a room with a fireplace and it had temper-pedic matresses. I loved the location being literally across the street from Hollywood Slots and just a few minutes walk to the Bangor waterfront and their concert series. Having a continental breakfast was a plus as well. This hotel is definitely one I'll will stay at again!

• Stayed: September 2011
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you for your kind comments! You must have been in town for the Reba concert. We heard the show was great. I will share your comments, as always, with our staff. Hope to see you again soon! Tom Palmer/GM

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Overall the stay was good. Only complaint is that the front desk clerk gave a random stranger to himself my room number an that I had just returned to the hotel and was in the restaurant/bar. Not sure how others handle customers privacy but I feel that they shouldn't be giving out that information to anyone that is asking. When I asked about this at checkout I didn't really get an answer other then if the person looks trust worthy they give out that kind of info on guests. My stance is what if it was some one stalking or a restraining order. This wasn't my case but still i would expect some privacy.
The restaurant there is very good and highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2011
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you for your comments. You are right....guests names and room numbers are private and should never be given out. We will review that policy with the entire desk staff. On the plus side the restaurant is continuing to improve with the addition of a brewery. It is scheduled to open in November. Thanks for the heads up and I hope to see you again soon. Tom Palmer/GM

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed at the hotel with two of my friends on a Monday night and when we arrived, the front desk receptionist was very friendly. We had a room on the first floor with two beds WHICH WERE AWESOME! I now want a Tempur Pedic bed at home. We were expecting a faint dog smell (we had seen a few headed outside while we were checking in) but we went into the room, sniffed around, but it didnt seem like there had been animals in the room at all. We wanted to go to the slots that evening, so we just walked across the parking lot. Next time I plan to go gamble, I'm going to stay at the Fireside rather than HollywoodSlots. The prices are better and the rooms are the same distance from the slots as the Hollywood hotel rooms. We didn't get to go to Geaghan's Pub, but it looks really fun and there were quite a few people in the dining room, especially for 7:00 on a Monday night. The receptionist in the morning was a happy, cheery guy. He showed us the breakfast selection and talked with us for a bit. I had an important exam to take that morning, so it was nice to leave relaxed and with a smile.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Valued guest,
We really appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank-you for staying with us and we hope you come to see us again next time you visit the area!

Thank-you,
Your friends at the Fireside Inn Bangor

Reviewed 15 September 2011

This Property is ok don"t get me wrong,,its clean enough and does the job for a night. Its very worn the rooms but to there credit they are constantly appear to be renovating. We were in a Fireplace suite which was newly renovated, Its was clean and comfortable but for the price there are many choices that are better out there.

Located downtown next to the Casino easy location off the I-95 to get in and out, big parking lot. This place is more for Travelling salesman and workers not ideal for kids and familys.Bathrooms really small and there are no elevators,so if your on the 2nd floor have fun packing your luggage upstairs.
They had a continental breakfast what i would call "setup" no room to eat just take your tray and load up on packaged stuff and back to your room. They do have toasters and stuff juice coffee etc etc did the job unless you wanted to opt for a hot breakfast in the on site resteraunt,,looked ok but we did not go in.
The staff were ok and helpfull I would maybe stay here again but for the near future trips opt out for better setups and places for the same money,,and you do have lots of other choices in Bangor,,Country Inn, Fairfield Inn, Ramada, Ho_Jo's Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Get a room on 1st Floor as there is no elavators.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

As always, we appreciate your comments. Our staff strives to have the cleanest rooms in the area. I will share your comments with the associates. Thank you. Tom Palmer/GM

Reviewed 8 September 2011

A hotel that does NOT have a "Contact Us" on their website???? So... Tell me where do these testimonials come from? I arrived at my reserved room 1 king bed. and was checked in to a double bed. BAD MOVE. Also....I had NO COFFEE or CREAM OR SUGAR in the room as STATED in the website, SO...I did what anyone would do, and walk downstairs to get what i needed. This employee said to take it from the drawer that was in the lobby. ALL OF THE SUDDEN!!! THIS BULLDOG came out and TOLD ME THE COFFEE WAS FOR THE HOTEL!!! OH MY???? So my $95.00 a night does NOT QUALIFY FOR THAT??? I am supposed to stay here for the next 3 MONTHS 3 days a week. I am not impressed and will probably seek another location......OH and by the way!!!!!! THERE IS NO DOG PARK!!!! AS STATED ON THE WEBSITE!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Bridget M
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

Thank you for your comments and my sincere apology. I will share your remarks with all involved and I assure you your future (I hope) stays will be comfortable. Tom Palmer/GM

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were pleasantly greeted by the gentleman at the front desk. He was very helpful and showed us around the motel, Geaghan's Pub (great food, loved the cherry cheesecake), 24 hour coffee station and continental breakfast. I must say their Tempur-Pedic beds are so comfortable. I had a great sleep. Room also had a coffee machine in the room, small fridge, etc... and less than 15 minutes from Bangor Mall. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend the Fireside Inn in Bangor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

it was my first time in bangor to see a concert.
i reserved a room with a king size bed, and microwave/mini fridge.
what i got was a spacious room that also included a (gas) fireplace, and a hi-tech massage recliner chair. WOW!
it was hot out and the AC delivered cool air without any problems. it was the modern, digital kind you can program the temp you want.
staff was friendly and helpful.
basic continental breakfast (no dining area, you take it back to your room)
it's right across the road from hollywood slots.
a 5 minute walk to the waterfront concert pavillion. (and shaws supermarket, McD's, dunkins)
10 minute walk to the greyhound station.
i would stay there again anytime i'm in bangor!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank deedottin
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank you for your kind words. We are in the middle of Bangor's emtertainment district and we are glad you found us. I am also very proud of our staff for their hard work. We are honored to be your host while in Bangor.