“Affordable stay!”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
North Waterboro, ME
“Affordable stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Me and my husband stayed here for a weekend while up in town for a friends wedding, we chose this place for its proximity to the highway, SUPER easy to find! The front desk staff greeted us very well, and presented us with complementary newspapers and whoopie pies.

Additional plus for this place being dog friendly, even though we left ours at home. Be sure to note the funny photo by the door about why they are dog friendly.

Our room was clean, needed some minor updating but otherwise awesome. The fireplace and Temper-pedic beds were awesome! Room also featured a fridge and microwave which makes it a good affordable option if you cant afford too many meals out.

Complementary WIFI works nice, works better if your homepage is not a "HTTPS" page like Facebook, but works well.

My only possible gripe is that i wish i could've stayed long enough to try Geagans Pub... their menu featured in the room offered a bunch of tasty options. I would definitely stay here again, it was easy to find, affordable and a VERY comfy nights sleep!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $10 to get the fireplace in your room!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Agent_Sniffles
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. Our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the Bangor area at a very competitive price. I am sorry you missed Geaghans Pub. They are building a microbrewery that will be open soon. Give it a try when you return. Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel is fabulous! The friendly staff was helpful and the room was really clean. I was given a room with a fireplace and it had temper-pedic matresses. I loved the location being literally across the street from Hollywood Slots and just a few minutes walk to the Bangor waterfront and their concert series. Having a continental breakfast was a plus as well. This hotel is definitely one I'll will stay at again!

• Stayed September 2011
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you for your kind comments! You must have been in town for the Reba concert. We heard the show was great. I will share your comments, as always, with our staff. Hope to see you again soon! Tom Palmer/GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Overall the stay was good. Only complaint is that the front desk clerk gave a random stranger to himself my room number an that I had just returned to the hotel and was in the restaurant/bar. Not sure how others handle customers privacy but I feel that they shouldn't be giving out that information to anyone that is asking. When I asked about this at checkout I didn't really get an answer other then if the person looks trust worthy they give out that kind of info on guests. My stance is what if it was some one stalking or a restraining order. This wasn't my case but still i would expect some privacy.
The restaurant there is very good and highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2011
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for your comments. You are right....guests names and room numbers are private and should never be given out. We will review that policy with the entire desk staff. On the plus side the restaurant is continuing to improve with the addition of a brewery. It is scheduled to open in November. Thanks for the heads up and I hope to see you again soon. Tom Palmer/GM
Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed at the hotel with two of my friends on a Monday night and when we arrived, the front desk receptionist was very friendly. We had a room on the first floor with two beds WHICH WERE AWESOME! I now want a Tempur Pedic bed at home. We were expecting a faint dog smell (we had seen a few headed outside while we were checking in) but we went into the room, sniffed around, but it didnt seem like there had been animals in the room at all. We wanted to go to the slots that evening, so we just walked across the parking lot. Next time I plan to go gamble, I'm going to stay at the Fireside rather than HollywoodSlots. The prices are better and the rooms are the same distance from the slots as the Hollywood hotel rooms. We didn't get to go to Geaghan's Pub, but it looks really fun and there were quite a few people in the dining room, especially for 7:00 on a Monday night. The receptionist in the morning was a happy, cheery guy. He showed us the breakfast selection and talked with us for a bit. I had an important exam to take that morning, so it was nice to leave relaxed and with a smile.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Valued guest,
We really appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank-you for staying with us and we hope you come to see us again next time you visit the area!

Thank-you,
Your friends at the Fireside Inn Bangor
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

This Property is ok don"t get me wrong,,its clean enough and does the job for a night. Its very worn the rooms but to there credit they are constantly appear to be renovating. We were in a Fireplace suite which was newly renovated, Its was clean and comfortable but for the price there are many choices that are better out there.

Located downtown next to the Casino easy location off the I-95 to get in and out, big parking lot. This place is more for Travelling salesman and workers not ideal for kids and familys.Bathrooms really small and there are no elevators,so if your on the 2nd floor have fun packing your luggage upstairs.
They had a continental breakfast what i would call "setup" no room to eat just take your tray and load up on packaged stuff and back to your room. They do have toasters and stuff juice coffee etc etc did the job unless you wanted to opt for a hot breakfast in the on site resteraunt,,looked ok but we did not go in.
The staff were ok and helpfull I would maybe stay here again but for the near future trips opt out for better setups and places for the same money,,and you do have lots of other choices in Bangor,,Country Inn, Fairfield Inn, Ramada, Ho_Jo's Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Get a room on 1st Floor as there is no elavators.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
As always, we appreciate your comments. Our staff strives to have the cleanest rooms in the area. I will share your comments with the associates. Thank you. Tom Palmer/GM
Lewiston, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

A hotel that does NOT have a "Contact Us" on their website???? So... Tell me where do these testimonials come from? I arrived at my reserved room 1 king bed. and was checked in to a double bed. BAD MOVE. Also....I had NO COFFEE or CREAM OR SUGAR in the room as STATED in the website, SO...I did what anyone would do, and walk downstairs to get what i needed. This employee said to take it from the drawer that was in the lobby. ALL OF THE SUDDEN!!! THIS BULLDOG came out and TOLD ME THE COFFEE WAS FOR THE HOTEL!!! OH MY???? So my $95.00 a night does NOT QUALIFY FOR THAT??? I am supposed to stay here for the next 3 MONTHS 3 days a week. I am not impressed and will probably seek another location......OH and by the way!!!!!! THERE IS NO DOG PARK!!!! AS STATED ON THE WEBSITE!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Bridget M
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Thank you for your comments and my sincere apology. I will share your remarks with all involved and I assure you your future (I hope) stays will be comfortable. Tom Palmer/GM

Travellers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were pleasantly greeted by the gentleman at the front desk. He was very helpful and showed us around the motel, Geaghan's Pub (great food, loved the cherry cheesecake), 24 hour coffee station and continental breakfast. I must say their Tempur-Pedic beds are so comfortable. I had a great sleep. Room also had a coffee machine in the room, small fridge, etc... and less than 15 minutes from Bangor Mall. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend the Fireside Inn in Bangor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return in the near future.