“Great, inexpensive stay”
Review of Motel 6 Bangor

Motel 6 Bangor
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 22 March 2011

This hotel was my first vacation as a solo traveler. I had my best welcome here, particularly since I was given grief at customs. Plus, it was the only hotel I could find with smoking rooms. If you smoke and want to stay in Bangor, pick this place. It is definitely clean, despite allowing smokers, and the best bang for your buck.

**Greetings to anyone who reads this. Date of stay is not accurately reflected in this field. Date of stay is October 2008, NOT April 2010

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Definitely get what you pay for. It's a place to sleep and that's all we were concerned about. The room (room 239 with a Queen bed, non-smoking) was clean, no smells, no stains, no mold, instantly hot water, an in-room heater/ac unit (which we ran all night so for us it was a quiet night; If you don't run the unit, it may be a little noisy as the airport is right nearby), free internet (if you travel with a wi-fi device), and cable TV.

Check in was easy, service was friendly, and Dominos will deliver if you're in the mood to eat in-room (or there is a Ground Round just down the road).

Don't take off without your toiletries; There is no shampoo, or hair dryer provided in the room. They do have a couple bars of soap provided but they're not the best smelling in the ways of soap fragrance.

The pillows are a bit flat, I brought my own because I knew ahead of time that this would probably be the case. The bed was nothing special; If you are finicky about what kind of bed you sleep on, this might not be the place for you to get a good night's rest. If you're looking for a NO FRILLS, clean, cheap as you can get it place to lay your head, Motel 6 might be an option for you.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LynzzT
Reviewed 1 January 2011

The parking lot was dark and unwelcoming. The front desk is unmanned overnight so there would be nobody to call if there were issues. The pillows on the bed were thinner than paper. The only positive thing I can say is that the internet was free and not an extra $3 charge like at some of the other Motel 6 locations. The shower stall around the tub was taped together with masking tape and the caulking was all letting go. The shower head would not stay in the upright position so it was hard to have the water hit you where it was supposed to. We only stayed for a quick sleep while on our way to another location. I'd only stay again if I was desperate.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harnishl
Reviewed 22 December 2010

You feel like home at Motel 6. They treat you right and make you want to come back...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cdn_guy2011
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I stayed there two nights. The first night the motel kept getting prank calls, and made the guests unplug their phones. Which I didnt like because I had a 6am wakeup call. So the motel employee had to lock up the front desk and walk around the motel knocking on peoples doors to do wakeup calls. The second night I was in a different room, and the heating system was a heater/air conditioner, and it kept making noises like cats fighting. It kept waking me up. The motel soap smelled disgusting, and the towels, when drying my face after a shower, smelled horrible, almost to the point it almost made me throw up. The security deadbolt on the door was broke, so that kinda creeped me out, because there were some creepy individuals lurking around the parking lot at night. Also its near an International Airport, so there were large jets flying directly overhead all the time. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing place, Motel 6 in Bangor Maine is not your answer. Keep looking. =]

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2010

As Canadians that regularly drive the eastern seaboard, we are often in need of a place to stay close enough to the border to keep our drive just a day long on the return trip. With internet, clean rooms and major shopping within an easy drive, Motel 6 Bangor is a very reasonable and economical place to stay. It is not the Hilton, nor would we expect it to be, but given that we are only overnighting, it is always exactly as we expected.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We had a booking for 2 nights stay. As soon as we opened the door to the room it was very obvious it was filthy. The beds looked very messy, like they were made in a rush. I pulled the sheets on the bed and there was a big wet spot on the matress. It was obvious that someone had wet the bed. We left and had to start looking for other accommodations on a weekend that motels were fully booked. We were fortunate enough to find a room for the night not far from there. If you're looking for a clean room at a modest price, keep looking. This motel should be shut down.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends