All reviewsground round restaurantroom was cleanrestaurant next doormusty smellwafflesparking lotthe breakfast areacontinental breakfastwould stay againtim hortonsindoor poolfirst floorfresh fruitwe've stayedsausagecerealmotel
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff are friendly, courteous and are ready to assist with every request. (I forgot my charger for my iPad; one of the staff offered to bring in his so that I could re-charge mine.) The room was clean, beds comfortable and it is very quiet at night. The location is ideal with restaurants and shopping close at hand. What I enjoyed most: the breakfasts! They use a special ordered whole wheat bread that is so good; you can make your own waffels, there is a selection of good cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit and the coffee is available 24/7. I booked through Trip Advisor/Expedia and got a very good rate. Also, there is a very nice indoor pool and fitness centre. Very pleased with our stay here.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked this hotel for the last night of a round trip motorcycle trip to Labrador. I had read the reviews about the renovations and decided to take a chance. On the day of arrive, I had travelled over 600 miles and was rather tired. The hotel was easy to located, just off 95. The lobby was attrative and clean. The front desk staff was cheery and helpful. The room was very clean, great beds and plenty of room. The shower and bathroom were very clean and there was great water pressure. The real bonus for this road weary traveller was the restaurant right next door. The food is decent pub style food with a few decent beers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had stayed here a few years ago and thought that we would try again. The second level has been renovated and the rooms are great! The room was very clean and comfortable. We love the location and the little outdoor courtyard. Breakfast is good as well. Our only complaint was that the pool was cold.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Upon a horrible stay at the Howard Johnson's last year, we decided to stay at the Days Inn where the Ground Round was on site. Apprehensively we walked through construction and although it was extensive, the staff was appropriately apologetic, friendly and made it a non issue. Our room was clean, the air conditioner worked, the TV was fabulous and you could not hear the construction in the room. We swam in the pool the next morning and it was chilly although it stated it was heated. The continental breakfast was awesome and kept fresh, stocked and accesible. Great value and staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dickinsons94
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here from Aug22-24 for the Def Leppard concert in Bangor. Most hotels in the area were more than double the price of this hotel as a result.

Booked a King suite, which came with a microwave, fridge , extra sink and a larger room overall.

The hotel is a little dated, but in the process of updating it. Had no big issues with the renovations going on. Room was comfortable and basic.

Never used the pool, but was quite busy. Has a nice little outdoor patio area with tables and chairs and loungers.

For a basic hotel and the price they charge, would not hesitate to stay here again, based on the room that I booked.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo