“Felt like I was in the Land of Tiny Tim"”

Quality Inn Bangor Airport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We booked at the Days inn because of the pool, it was 4ft deep ( tell me that when I call please, or show pictures on the website) our 3 y/o could not swim alone so we ventured in to the barely waist deep frigid water good thing we did less than an hour later the pool closed due to someone throwing up in it....yucky! The sister hotel up the street was offered up but at 14 degrees and super windy the thought of that seem like a cold venture. The rooms themselves were very tiny barely any room beween or around the beds, we had the luxury of being in the landing path of the airport and on the side looking directly into the pool hall next door...... loud loud loud, we had the most inconsiderate group of people next to us who stood in the hall yelling and let their kids run from one room to the next finally after 3 complaints to the host and the "security guard" walking the halls at 11:30 pm they quieted down to a dull roar. The hotel had random trash both inside and out I am assuming the inconsiderate group of people to be behind some of that. The staff was very friendly and helpful the room was clean and well decorated the maids were great! The breakfast area was very nice and had quite a selection, oveall other than noise and the sad sad wanna be pool the stay was ok

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank calene84
thibodeaucb, General Manager at Quality Inn Bangor Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us. I appreciate the time you took to bring the matter to my attention. I assure you that I have reviewed the matter with my staff in the hopes that we may improve upon our service to you are valued guests.

I will also work with our IT Dept. to add the depths of the pool to our photo that is on our website.

Once, again I apologize for any inconveniences. Please, feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels. Sincerely, Christina Thibodeau

Reviewed 3 September 2010

I had stayed at this hotel twice last year and thought it was good value for the money. This time, I found the room more expensive and dirty. You can tell how clean a hotel room is by how well you can breathe through your nose in the morning. I couldn't. I also move the nightstand to plug my ipod in, and it was like it had never been moved and vacuumed around. The bed was comfy enough though. Unlike the rest of the hotels on our trip, no one asked how our stay was at check out. They just took the room keys.

Next time I'm in Bangor I will be staying at the Hampton Inn. It's really close to the mall.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

This would have been an adequate budget hotel choice, except our room (117) smelled like a damp basement. We were only staying one night, so did not ask to change rooms. It may be that other rooms were perfectly fine. Our room obviously had water infiltration problems visible on the wall and ceiling, and we later discovered a large damp area on the carpet. I have no idea what caused that.

I'm pretty sure the room was clean, but the smell gave the impression that it was not.

The pool is cleaned once daily around lunch time. We went swimming first thing in the morning, and the pool was pretty grungry from use the afternoon and evening before.

The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful, and had we asked to change rooms, we probably would have been accommodated.

Reviewed 2 August 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was very bright and cheery like all Days Inn's should be. Check in was very smooth no issues at all.
Front Desk staff was nice and seemed knowledgable.
The room was of decent size, bathroom seemed a little small because the sink was in the "living space" but I didnt mind it was different but convienent.
Beds were very comfy and I got a great sleep.
Would love to stay at this hotel again, I also got a great rate of 57.00 which I couldnt complain.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Hotel is what you would expect from the star rating. For a late night stop over it suited us fine. Easy to get to, room was clean, decent pool.

Reviewed 27 July 2010

The staff was very helpful (we needed a late night airport pickup). Very close to the airport. Room was clean, though smelled a tad bit like smoke, despite it being a no smoking room. Overall, not a bad value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I use this location for business travel, while I'm working on overnight work. Someone is almost always right behind the desk, ready to help, when you need. Check in is easy, and the rooms have been generally clean for me. They're nothing fancy, but when I'm on business, I don't spend any time in my room, except for sleeping. The beds are average, and certainly not the worst I've ever slept on.

This location also has a Ground Round literally right next door, which makes for a decent dinner, after you've had a long day of work.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business