All reviews maritime museum bath area eggs benedict launching point popham beach ground pool period furniture steep staircase fresh fruit enjoyed our stay points of interest new england state park four nights place to stay breakfast is served midcoast maine
Reviewed July 6, 2018

On a recent Friday night, an accommodation at another location some distance away fell through. We vowed to stop by the Kennebec Inn as our first choice for lodging. We were ecstatic to find out from Rachel, with whom we had stayed previously, that she had 1 room available. Our good fortune was enhanced by a luxurious night's sleep in the Captain Perkins room - immaculate, private, AC on a hot day, most comfortable! Rachel's homemade breakfast the following day included challah bread baked on site and converted to French Toast along with other delectables. This fueled us for the 350 mile drive that day. THANK YOU, RACHEL!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TheKennebecInn, Owner at Kennebec Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Thank you folks, So enjoyed your unexpected short visit, but always so sweet to see you!

Sincerely, Rachel & Ken

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Let me start off by saying you won’t be disappointed if you stay here. The breakfast is hot, filling and awesome! Rachel switches between sweet and savory. My favorite was the egg custard overnight French toast and my husband’s favorite was the egg Benedict.

Our friends stayed in the room beside us and we stayed in th America’s Cup room for four nights. What was great was that I felt like we had our own wing. At night we could leave our doors open and go back and forth between our rooms. These two rooms are in the attached, converted Carriage house with the original beams incorporated into the room. The bed is on the firmer side but not like sleeping on a board, still comfortable.

Rachel allowed us to store our 4 pounds of Maine cheese and cheese curds along with adult beverages in the refrigerator. I also wanted to say her house is IMMACULATE! There isn’t a speck of dust, hair, or spider web anywhere. There is also period furniture that adds that nice touch of feeling at home without it feeling like a museum.

There is an in ground pool on their property but since it isn’t heated, we didn’t use it. There is a well built fire pit but we didn’t utilize that either. Rachel let us borrow 3 beach chairs, a bag, cooler, ice packs, and beach towels. She offered us an umbrella but we didn’t think we’d need it, once we got to Reid State Park, we wish we had one.

Go to Kennebec Taveren for the best clam chowder in the world. Mmmmm. Rachel was a plethora of knowledge about the area. We did the beach, 5 Islands, and Freeport in one day without having to drive to far. Bath is a great low-key home base for attractions as far as Camden, Rockland, and Portland. Stay here, you won’t be sorry.

Room Tip: America’s Roomhas a large bathroom.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm still thinking of the great time we had while you folks were here.Hope to see you back soon, and to get to enjoy your laughter and enthusiasm about the inn and our great state of Maine.

Rachel

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Kennebec Inn was the perfect place for our girls' trip this year (2017). The six of us stayed four nights. The Inn is very clean and comfortable - a must for us. Rachel is a wonderful gracious hostess. She is very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and activities. She prepares amazing bountiful breakfasts. You certainly start the day off right! Each day when returning from our day's excursions, we would always find large delicious freshly baked cookies in our rooms. However, if you're short like a couple of women in our group, do bring an extra small mirror. The mirrors in the baths were too high for some of us shortys. That's the only minor suggestion I have for guests. It's really a great place to stay. Ruth, Muncie ,IN

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

As your visit comes to an end at the Kennebec Inn, you will already be planning your return. Yes, it's that great of a place! It's iconic Maine and exactly what we had in mind when planning our first visit to the state. The house is historic, immaculate and comfortable. Rachel is an absolute perfect host - a talented chef, an expert on the area and a gifted storyteller. Staying in Bath is the perfect spot to explore all of the Mid Coast, which is exactly what we did. With recommendations from Rachel, we went to several lighthouses and charming towns in the area and found the best lobster spots. We can't wait for our return visit - and look forward to enjoying Rachel's homemade cookies again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights on my way to Gloucester from North Maine. Rachel is very welcoming and the Inn is well located for the town and exploring the area. I was in a room that was accessed by a very steep staircase which when I reread the Inn description did mention this but I had not clocked that that was my room! I am fit and able but getting my rather large case back down the staircase was a tad harrowing! The Inn has a lovely, good sized pool which was the deciding factor for me in choosing to stay there. The breakfast was fantastic, delicious home cooked choices, berries yogurt etc. I did not need to eat lunch. Easy 15 min walk into town for dinner and quite a choice of restaurants. Easy off street parking, the room was very well appointed, extremely clean and the WiFi worked a treat. Good quiet a/c as it is quite close to main road so there is hum of background traffic noise which if the windows were open could be bit noisy at night I suspect , but definitely not an issue as a/c good.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues or a heavy big case check which room you are in as staircase tricky for the one I was in
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo