“Pampered”
Review of Belfast Bay Inn

Belfast Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Wonderful experience in quaint, downtown Belfast!
As I parked, they met me at my car and carried my luggage upstairs. I received a full explanation of all the amenities of the honeymoon suite. The suite was enormous and included a full kitchen, bath, king-sized bedroom and living/dining area. There was also a small balcony with partial bay views.
After checking out, the owner spent time to make certain I had enjoyed my stay. I felt totally at home. What a treat!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank anisyhp

Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is the third time for me at the Inn and certainly not the last. It's easy to escape here while enjoying beautiful Belfast. The hosts Judy and Eddie couldn't be more gracious and knowledgable about the area. At every turn you'll find welcoming touches and absolutely impeccabal suites! It is a gorgeous property, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank northwoods68
Reviewed 19 March 2012

On my first trip to Maine, I stayed at the Belfast Bay Inn while visiting a friend from college. I cannot compliment the inn and owners enough! The room was immaculate and incredibly spacious. After a restful night's sleep, I enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the courtyard before beginning each day. The staff and owners were WONDERFUL; they even opened up the shop early on my check-out day because I had bought too much stuff and needed another bag! I have no complaints or suggestions for improvement as the Belfast Bay Inn was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea S
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in Belfast at the Belfast Bay Inn this past weekend (FEB 18-20th). To say it is a top of the line/first class boutique hotel would be an understatement. From the second we walked in the main entrance, we were greeted warmly and with smiles by Ed and Judy. The lobby area was stunning in its decor--but Ed and Judy are/were the real differentiators here. I have stayed in many hotels in my day--but never a place as nice as the BBI with the type of top level amenities we had. Our room was pristine (basically a condo unit). It was decorated perfectly and contained a full kitchen w/ stainless steel appliances, a beautiful stearns and foster bed, 2 40 inch SAMSUNG plasma/LCD Tv's, a bose wave radio system, wireless internet, an office desk for a computer, a lovely kitchen table, a couch/multiple chairs, a gas fireplace and a great walk out balcony overlooking Belfast Bay Harbor. Breakfast was delivered promptly each morning...with Ed/Judy arriving at the door w/ a huge spread (which they set up for you at the table!) containing fresh fruit, scrambled eggs w/ cheese, bacon, yogurt (w/ side cup of fresh granola), blueberries/cantaloupe/red pears/oranges, 2 cranberry scones with a jar of preserves and 2 pieces of delicious pumpkin walnut spice cake. In addition, we got a full coffee pot/milk/cream as well as 2 large glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice. What a way to wake up!! The town was charming and had multiple places to enjoy a great meal. We ate at Darby's the first night and thoroughly enjoyed that. We ate at Delvino's the 2nd night and I believe it was one of the better restaurant meals I have had in yrs. The calamari was excellent. The menu was outstanding. The lobster ravioli and chicken parmesean were to die for....and all of the folks in Belfast we ran into were so friendly, warm, inviting. Although it is a bit out of the way for most--it is worth the trip (and then some) for a relaxing weekend away. By the time I left I actually missed Ed and Judy and had just met them 2 days prior. This high class and first class experience can be enjoyed by anybody. I cannot say enough about the Belfast Bay Inn and how we were treated. Just an absolutely outstanding location. Whether you are a native New Englander or travelling from outside the area--this place is not to be missed. You will walk away from your stay a refreshed and happier person than you were when you arrived. Ed and Judy did not skimp on one detail. Fabulous, outstanding, and fantastic experience. I will be back on a yearly basis.

Room Tip: I believe suites 301 and 303 are the best options
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We just got back from a few days in Belfast, and our stay at the Belfast Bay Inn was PERFECT! Our hosts Ed and Judy were so friendly, and offered lots of helpful tips for local restaurants and about the area. The Inn was spectacular - charming, pretty, immaculate, and relaxed! We have traveled extensively and this is absolutely our favorite place! When can we go back??

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SOXGIRL50
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My husband and I learned of this property on a local program ("Chronicle") and deemed it worth a special trip. Despite the rainy December weather, we were more than compensated by the lovely room and most gracious inn-keepers. Rarely have we encountered a property in our world-wide travels where the attention to detail is so exceptional and where the owners--Ed & Judy--have spared no expense in ensuring that the guests have an unparalleled experience. We look forward to returning in the spring, enjoying better weather, and taking fuller advantage of all that the area has to offer. It's only unfortunate that we have to wait that long!

Room Tip: We're sure that they are all lovely, but we stayed in #303 and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seacoastinni
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at the Belfast Bay Inn the first of October and from the moment we walked into the lobby we were continually impressed. Our Suite was like staying in a beautifully decorated apartment. Fortunately the weather was so perfect that we could be served our breakfast outside on the patio in a private garden setting. Dennis at the front desk made dinner reservations for us at the Lobster Pound and that seemed to top our stay off perfectly. You will be amazed at your stay at the this Inn as we have stayed at many other beautiful award winning Inn's and this one is one of the best and far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CatherineDallas_TX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfast
2.3 km away
Yankee Clipper Motel
#2 of 8 in Belfast
34.9 km away
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Belfast Bay Inn? Share your experiences!