“Great experience - great guys behind the counter - best lobster roll ever”

Young's Lobster Pound
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've never understood how friends flip out over lobster rolls - for me, they've just been a mouthful of lobster with mayo and white bread. But after reading reviews that these guys prepare lobster that just tastes better than others, I went for a lobster roll and HEAVEN! If that had been my first, I'd swoon for them, too. And the guys behind the counter were fun, confident, and clearly know their way around a lobster. Plus you feel sorta "on the inside" when you order food from a pound and eat it out on the dock - with a gorgeous view. Plus I had my little dog with me, and that wasn't a problem - they gave him a treat! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our Maine friends told us try lunch at a lobster pound. I had never heard of this concept and we were not disappointed.

Pick your own live lobster and have it cooked right away for you. That's fresh!!

The weather was great to eat on the riverside deck and take in the view. It was all charming and I would recommend you try it if you're in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is great, but you must also look for the eagle that lives in the trees next to the river!! And then select your dinner according to your preference: we generally just get lobster and some sides. And keep telling them to get rid of :that plastic stuff and straws.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ordered lobster with clams and chips for lunch ate outside fabulous meal fabulous views of harbor. Ate 1.5 pd hard shells with butter from a polite cook and after a 20 min wait we were eating the best lobsters in Maine!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I think the negative reviews here are mostly negative people. This place can be crazy, like on Sat/Sun afternoons and a bit confusing as to how to order. (Just get on line, pay when you pick up). The staff is wonderful, the Jamaican fellow I had made me laugh over and over... But, although I eat regularly at McCloons, where I always thought the lobster was the freshest, and CLAWS which I adore... the taste of this lobster was different. It was incredibly delicious. The steamed clams were different too, they were as if just pulled out of the sea. They must cook in salt water because, well, it was fantastic. The setting is just great too. I love this place. Waiting to try it out in cold weather.

1  Thank Victoria C