All reviews yogurt dry cereal fire pit one night off season kimberly maine coast
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Where to start.... 4th of July weekend...We were arriving late, keys were taped on door, Landlady apparently lives somewhere else. No one around. After long day traveling, we wanted to shower & go to bed. Shower ran cold to luke warm & cold again. Even ran it for half hour before plunging in, thinking it would heat up. We stayed 2 nights and there was no waste basket so no place to put trash & dishes from snacks etc except on top of dresser. We put the provided sign to have the room serviced, on the door and we had no change of linens & towels and did not have our bed made the entire time we were there. We were not in the room except to change and sleep so there was no excuse! As for a description of the room... it looked pretty, but if one had a long dress , it would not fit in the closet. The toilet & shower (no tub) were in one tiny room & the sink was in the bedroom with no counter space. Also, the TV was a small computer monitor and there was no TV, just Netflix. For almost $400 FOR THE 2 NITES, it was DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT!!!!
We met other people there who were going to the same function we were and they too had the same problem of no service, plus when they talked to Landlady , she was very rude to them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank munrocollie
BayLeafCottages, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

As the owner of the Belfast Breeze Inn, our Innkeepers did not make us aware of any water temperature issues during your stay or we would have called in our heating service. The problem was resolved when it was discovered that a feed line was shut off to the building. It is never our intent to have unhappy guests! And, should you experience problems with our staff, please let us know. We yave two full-time staff living on the premises and the office is open 8-11 and 3-7 daily with 24/7 on call phone services.

We do daily stayover which means making beds and changing out towels if they are on the floor/used. Had you mentioned this desire for more services to your Innkeeper it would have quickly been done. Our television is Internet TV because no commercial cable nor satellite systems are available in our community. Given none of our rooms are $200/night, I am not sure about your room in our 100 year old Inn given you select the room when you book versus us assigning the room. I am so sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Friend and I drove up the coast from Boston. Belfast was last stop before returning home. We avoided chains and our housing experiences were pretty uneven at the 3 prior places we stayed. We were so pleased to find a clean, cheerful and quiet room to stay in Belfast. I had booked with booking.com but the inn had not received the reservation. Luckily rooms were available and a small adjustment was made to my bill. Finally, I did not ask for accommodations because of my mobility problems, but we were put in a room where the shower set up could assist me. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We were traveling down the Maine coast and needed a place to stay overnight. Booked a room through Hotwire. My wife happened to check out their website to get a little more detail about the place. She happened to notice that it said there was only a person there until 8:00. We weren't going to arrive until 9:00. My wife called, explained the situation. The owner(?) said she didn't have a reservation for us and asked who we booked through. When we said Hotwire, she basically scolded my wife for using a travel site to book a room. She also said they were completely booked for the night. But she did say she would try to call someone who was closer to figure things out so we could have a room since we were already on our way. She would then call my wife back. An hour later, we arrived to find a total of two cars in the parking lot. No one was in the office. We had not been called back. So we called the number again. The same woman who talked to my wife now proceeded to go on a mini tirade to me about using internet sites to book a place to stay. She then tried explaining their process to me about how they supposedly block rooms from being booked after a certain time in the afternoon. She told me I had to call Hotwire and cancel that reservation. Then she would be willing to get us a room if we paid her directly. Even though she said, "I don't have to give you a room." Nice charm, by the way. Kept saying how they never got paid from Hotwire, so they wouldn't honor a booking done there. Had earlier told my wife they had issues every day about a booking on Hotwire. Umm...if you have issues every day with a company, and it affects your business, might that be something you want to take care of rather than alienate potential future customers and cause more stress for you? When I said something about not being called back, she just offered a lame excuse. We left, obviously. There was no way we were going to stay at this place after that. Most horrible customer service I've ever had with any type of lodging in my entire life. Fortunately, we found a most wonderful place a mile or two up the road that was both exquisite and cheaper than a room here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
BayLeafCottages, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Omg! I am so sorry! You did not talk with me, the owner, at any time during your arrival with us. Hotwire did overbook our property that night and yes, we really did not get a reservation through to our property management system from hotwire to know that you were coming. Hotwire was notified prior to your reservation that they were feeding to the internet rooms which were already booked. It took them two weeks to resolve the problem, several calls from me and emails. Finally, just two days ago they resolved the problem which had started when Expedia bought out hotwire.

I an truely sorry for the absolutely bad response by our staff. The person you onteracted with is new and just does not get customer service no matter how much we work with her. She will be terminated as this is the final straw. Sometime during your struggles with her she did call me and ask where we could move you to and I gave her three hotels to try calling. It was a double festival weekend and everything was fully booked for a 40-mile stretch of Rt 1 along the midcoast.

While you should have been unable to book online via hotwire, it is a wise thing to check with the hotel directly once you have made the OTA reservation to confirm we have received it and that the room assigned is what you believe you booked.

By tge way, the reason no cars were in the lot is that both festivals were music related with late night concerts and a pub crawl. We were not in any way tring to cheat you nor lie about our availability! That assumption is wrong.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

We arrived to find that the room we had booked through Booking.com was not the room reserved for us, no sea view. The person at the desk called the owner and was allowed to change our room. Especially since there were no other guests booked in the other 4 rooms in the inn.

A pantry breakfast was promised, including a hot item every morning. Dry cereal, yogurt, milk and juice in 6 ounce containers did not qualify. there was a toaster, but no bread, english muffins, etc. There was butter in the fridge and jam and honey but nothing to toast. So we went downstairs and asked about breakfast and the desk person sighed and asked us to give her a few minutes and she would cook us some eggs and bacon.

OK, but then upon checking our credit card activity I noticed that we had been charged for a room the day before we arrived. Upon checking out, after 2 days, the desk person admitted that she had incorrectly charged someone else's room to our credit card. She had to call the owner to get instructions on how to void the charge.

I have read the owner's responses to other reviewers unfavorable comments, and they are unsatisfactory. Staff issues being what they are on the Main coast, management should at least leave instructions for the staff on how to manage the credit card machine. And please change your advertising about the breakfast that is offered until you can deliver what you promise to. And if breakfast is not included then discount the $170.00+ room to allow us to go out for a real breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
BelfastBreezeInn, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

You are right that staffing is an issue! I am so sorry for our new Innkeeper's mistakes and attitude. We will rectify the situation immediately. There should have been proper items in the pantry and our staff should have been happy to mske whatever you would like for your hot breakfast - willingly, joyously, happily and with good customer service. We appreciate your stay with us. The OTA reservations set the room assignments and we will make changes whenever they are possible.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I booked a room in mid May 2007 for 3 nights Sun - Wed for a business trip. I only need the room for two nights. When I asked not be charged for the third night via an email, the owner refused and cited her cancellation policy "Changes in length of stay must be made 3 days prior to check in/arrival to avoid room charges" THERE WASN"T ANOTHER GUEST IN THIS HOTEL ON MONDAY NIGHT, BUT I WAS STILL CHARGED FOR THE THIRD NIGHT I DIDN'T USE. It wasn't like it was high season and the owner was turning away prospective guests. The front desk was not occupied when I arrived (keys taped to the front door window) and the morning I left (dropped keys in drop box), so no one was there to discuss this matter with. I've staying in hotels all over the country and have always been allowed to cut my stay short and not be charged. I asked the owner to give me a call, but she never did and hid behind her unacceptable cancellation policy. I hope you choke on the money you unfairly charged me! Also the internet TV did not work. Moral of the story - Don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank garybenovich
BayLeafCottages, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

We have a 48-hour cancellation policy shoulder season and 72-hour policy high season and offered to apply the night charge for the unused 3rd night to your next stay. I was not rude to you nor disrespectful in anyway. You were unwilling to respect our policies and as such are trashing me for being consistent to the policies. Most hotels in this region have the same or stricter policies designed to inform the guest in advance.