All reviewsyogurtdry cerealfire pitone nightoff seasonkimberlymainecoast
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We stayed two nights in July 2017. I believe the inn may recently have been upgraded inside but the whole was very clean and comfortable. The manager, Kim, was absolutely excellent, couldn't be more helpful and gracious. We were fortunate to stay in the older building which has great character and turn of the century charm. I would recommend to anyone. Distance to downtown Belfast is very close, walkable, but an easy drive. We also had breakfast, included with our room rate, an unexpected bonus, freshly prepared to order by Kim.
One very nice feature, is a well stocked little 'pantry' where any time, day or night, you can get yourself a coffee, some toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal etc. at no charge. A great idea for other inns to adopt.
Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank leavinghomeMaine
Reviewed August 3, 2017

My husband and I recently spent three nights at this Inn. We were welcomed by Billy and she was very helpful, kind and polite. We loved Room #1 and found everything we needed. There was a 19 inch flat screen TV in this room but we never even turned it on. The following 2 days Kimberly was the hostess. She as well was very nice, professional and provided breakfast for us. I can not say enough about these two ladies. The property itself is very well cared for and clean. Some have stated that there is no onsite entertainment but let me tell you---We spent every evening sitting by the fire pit meeting new friends and had a great time. Being a travel agent I will definitely not forget this Inn. Thank you to staff.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a larger TV than most and also includes Air conditioning. Great location close to pantry.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Where to start.... 4th of July weekend...We were arriving late, keys were taped on door, Landlady apparently lives somewhere else. No one around. After long day traveling, we wanted to shower & go to bed. Shower ran cold to luke warm & cold again. Even ran it for half hour before plunging in, thinking it would heat up. We stayed 2 nights and there was no waste basket so no place to put trash & dishes from snacks etc except on top of dresser. We put the provided sign to have the room serviced, on the door and we had no change of linens & towels and did not have our bed made the entire time we were there. We were not in the room except to change and sleep so there was no excuse! As for a description of the room... it looked pretty, but if one had a long dress , it would not fit in the closet. The toilet & shower (no tub) were in one tiny room & the sink was in the bedroom with no counter space. Also, the TV was a small computer monitor and there was no TV, just Netflix. For almost $400 FOR THE 2 NITES, it was DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT!!!!
We met other people there who were going to the same function we were and they too had the same problem of no service, plus when they talked to Landlady , she was very rude to them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank munrocollie
BayLeafCottages, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

As the owner of the Belfast Breeze Inn, our Innkeepers did not make us aware of any water temperature issues during your stay or we would have called in our heating service. The problem was resolved when it was discovered that a feed line was shut off to the building. It is never our intent to have unhappy guests! And, should you experience problems with our staff, please let us know. We yave two full-time staff living on the premises and the office is open 8-11 and 3-7 daily with 24/7 on call phone services.

We do daily stayover which means making beds and changing out towels if they are on the floor/used. Had you mentioned this desire for more services to your Innkeeper it would have quickly been done. Our television is Internet TV because no commercial cable nor satellite systems are available in our community. Given none of our rooms are $200/night, I am not sure about your room in our 100 year old Inn given you select the room when you book versus us assigning the room. I am so sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Friend and I drove up the coast from Boston. Belfast was last stop before returning home. We avoided chains and our housing experiences were pretty uneven at the 3 prior places we stayed. We were so pleased to find a clean, cheerful and quiet room to stay in Belfast. I had booked with booking.com but the inn had not received the reservation. Luckily rooms were available and a small adjustment was made to my bill. Finally, I did not ask for accommodations because of my mobility problems, but we were put in a room where the shower set up could assist me. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We were traveling down the Maine coast and needed a place to stay overnight. Booked a room through Hotwire. My wife happened to check out their website to get a little more detail about the place. She happened to notice that it said there was only a person there until 8:00. We weren't going to arrive until 9:00. My wife called, explained the situation. The owner(?) said she didn't have a reservation for us and asked who we booked through. When we said Hotwire, she basically scolded my wife for using a travel site to book a room. She also said they were completely booked for the night. But she did say she would try to call someone who was closer to figure things out so we could have a room since we were already on our way. She would then call my wife back. An hour later, we arrived to find a total of two cars in the parking lot. No one was in the office. We had not been called back. So we called the number again. The same woman who talked to my wife now proceeded to go on a mini tirade to me about using internet sites to book a place to stay. She then tried explaining their process to me about how they supposedly block rooms from being booked after a certain time in the afternoon. She told me I had to call Hotwire and cancel that reservation. Then she would be willing to get us a room if we paid her directly. Even though she said, "I don't have to give you a room." Nice charm, by the way. Kept saying how they never got paid from Hotwire, so they wouldn't honor a booking done there. Had earlier told my wife they had issues every day about a booking on Hotwire. Umm...if you have issues every day with a company, and it affects your business, might that be something you want to take care of rather than alienate potential future customers and cause more stress for you? When I said something about not being called back, she just offered a lame excuse. We left, obviously. There was no way we were going to stay at this place after that. Most horrible customer service I've ever had with any type of lodging in my entire life. Fortunately, we found a most wonderful place a mile or two up the road that was both exquisite and cheaper than a room here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
BayLeafCottages, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Omg! I am so sorry! You did not talk with me, the owner, at any time during your arrival with us. Hotwire did overbook our property that night and yes, we really did not get a reservation through to our property management system from hotwire to know that you were coming. Hotwire was notified prior to your reservation that they were feeding to the internet rooms which were already booked. It took them two weeks to resolve the problem, several calls from me and emails. Finally, just two days ago they resolved the problem which had started when Expedia bought out hotwire.

I an truely sorry for the absolutely bad response by our staff. The person you onteracted with is new and just does not get customer service no matter how much we work with her. She will be terminated as this is the final straw. Sometime during your struggles with her she did call me and ask where we could move you to and I gave her three hotels to try calling. It was a double festival weekend and everything was fully booked for a 40-mile stretch of Rt 1 along the midcoast.

While you should have been unable to book online via hotwire, it is a wise thing to check with the hotel directly once you have made the OTA reservation to confirm we have received it and that the room assigned is what you believe you booked.

By tge way, the reason no cars were in the lot is that both festivals were music related with late night concerts and a pub crawl. We were not in any way tring to cheat you nor lie about our availability! That assumption is wrong.