All reviews yogurt dry cereal fire pit one night off season kimberly maine coast
Reviewed August 7, 2017

THE place to stay when you are in Belfast, Maine! We had the time of our lives there and the staff at BBI are incomparable and treated us like we were part of their family!! The hotel was extremely clean and Kimberly and Billie waited on us like we were royalty. Great location, minutes from downtown Belfast, steps to the ocean and an idyllic setting. Rooms are spacious and updated and I can't say enough about the excellent service from BBI's staff.
I have travelled extensively in my professional career but this hotel and its staff exceeded our expectations! This is the only place I will stay when I am in Maine for now on...

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We stayed two nights in July 2017. I believe the inn may recently have been upgraded inside but the whole was very clean and comfortable. The manager, Kim, was absolutely excellent, couldn't be more helpful and gracious. We were fortunate to stay in the older building which has great character and turn of the century charm. I would recommend to anyone. Distance to downtown Belfast is very close, walkable, but an easy drive. We also had breakfast, included with our room rate, an unexpected bonus, freshly prepared to order by Kim.
One very nice feature, is a well stocked little 'pantry' where any time, day or night, you can get yourself a coffee, some toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal etc. at no charge. A great idea for other inns to adopt.
Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank leavinghomeMaine
Reviewed August 3, 2017

My husband and I recently spent three nights at this Inn. We were welcomed by Billy and she was very helpful, kind and polite. We loved Room #1 and found everything we needed. There was a 19 inch flat screen TV in this room but we never even turned it on. The following 2 days Kimberly was the hostess. She as well was very nice, professional and provided breakfast for us. I can not say enough about these two ladies. The property itself is very well cared for and clean. Some have stated that there is no onsite entertainment but let me tell you---We spent every evening sitting by the fire pit meeting new friends and had a great time. Being a travel agent I will definitely not forget this Inn. Thank you to staff.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a larger TV than most and also includes Air conditioning. Great location close to pantry.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Where to start.... 4th of July weekend...We were arriving late, keys were taped on door, Landlady apparently lives somewhere else. No one around. After long day traveling, we wanted to shower & go to bed. Shower ran cold to luke warm & cold again. Even ran it for half hour before plunging in, thinking it would heat up. We stayed 2 nights and there was no waste basket so no place to put trash & dishes from snacks etc except on top of dresser. We put the provided sign to have the room serviced, on the door and we had no change of linens & towels and did not have our bed made the entire time we were there. We were not in the room except to change and sleep so there was no excuse! As for a description of the room... it looked pretty, but if one had a long dress , it would not fit in the closet. The toilet & shower (no tub) were in one tiny room & the sink was in the bedroom with no counter space. Also, the TV was a small computer monitor and there was no TV, just Netflix. For almost $400 FOR THE 2 NITES, it was DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT!!!!
We met other people there who were going to the same function we were and they too had the same problem of no service, plus when they talked to Landlady , she was very rude to them.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank munrocollie
BayLeafCottages, Owner at Belfast Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

As the owner of the Belfast Breeze Inn, our Innkeepers did not make us aware of any water temperature issues during your stay or we would have called in our heating service. The problem was resolved when it was discovered that a feed line was shut off to the building. It is never our intent to have unhappy guests! And, should you experience problems with our staff, please let us know. We yave two full-time staff living on the premises and the office is open 8-11 and 3-7 daily with 24/7 on call phone services.

We do daily stayover which means making beds and changing out towels if they are on the floor/used. Had you mentioned this desire for more services to your Innkeeper it would have quickly been done. Our television is Internet TV because no commercial cable nor satellite systems are available in our community. Given none of our rooms are $200/night, I am not sure about your room in our 100 year old Inn given you select the room when you book versus us assigning the room. I am so sorry for your disappointment.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Friend and I drove up the coast from Boston. Belfast was last stop before returning home. We avoided chains and our housing experiences were pretty uneven at the 3 prior places we stayed. We were so pleased to find a clean, cheerful and quiet room to stay in Belfast. I had booked with booking.com but the inn had not received the reservation. Luckily rooms were available and a small adjustment was made to my bill. Finally, I did not ask for accommodations because of my mobility problems, but we were put in a room where the shower set up could assist me. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends