Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2019

Will never come back. The rooms are not that clean, mold in shower. Old is okay, but need to be clean. One would think that when you stay here that reservations in t
he restaurant would not be a problem-wrong!
BE ADVISED that servicing your room is not included. To get coffee for the next day of our stay took heroics. Should not be so difficult.
We are over 65, travel the world and say " this should not be so difficult". Come on owners......

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a nice dinner with family; good food and wine. The hostess offered two tastings to choose our wine along with her recommendation, which we agreed with. Two in our party had the duck and loved it, I had the ravioli with lobster which I enjoyed and my brother had a burger which was also good. No room for dessert. We were inside but could see the water and people eating outside. I would recommend this place and also happily return.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Memsochet
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We stayed at the Village Inn for three nights last week. Our expectation of an Inn is some sense of hospitality. We arrived to find our key in an envelope with a note that they would be back later. Ok, we can cope with that. But from then on the sign on the door was “Closed 9 - 5”. That meant that we had no one to ask where the modest breakfast was. Eventually we tapped on a window and a woman cleaning the dining room led us to the breakfast room. Canned juice, a muffin, and coffee. Serve yourself. The same muffins were there for our entire stay. The room was comfortable, but we just had wooden chairs, not exactly comfortable for reading. The Adirondack chairs on the deck were in blazing sun all day. In order to enjoy the water view we had to walk around the building because all doors were locked. When we lost WiFi, there was no one to ask, finally the cleaning person who directed us to the breakfast room, said she was working on it. Our towels were not changed during the stay. If we had enjoyed our stay, we wouldn’t have known who to thank. The Inn should call itself a Restaurant with Rooms. We were disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am not one to ever send my food back. However, when you order lobster macaroni and cheese, it is not unreasonable to expect the dish to have lobster in it. Unfortunately the waitress did not come back to the table to check on us after multiple tries to locate her. When my husband finally left the table to find someone, she acknowledged that she had made an error and didn’t write lobster on the order. Fair enough. At this point it is 15 minutes into the meal. She takes the dish back to the kitchen where they apparently added some cold lobster and added some bread crumbs then returned it to me. Adding cold lobster to the mac and cheese that was by this point barely warm was an insult to me as a diner. Yet again, no waitress to check on us. I finally got up to ask the hostess if I could speak to the manager. She looked at me like she had never heard of a manager. At that point the waitress walked by the hostess area. I told her of my dissatisfaction and my request to remove the offensive m and cheese from our bill. She did offer to bring me the menu to pick something else but by then hubbies dinner had been long finished so I declined. She apologized saying she was having a bad night. Sorry she had a bad night. I had no dinner in what we had hoped would be a lovely ending to our Maine vacation. Last time at the Village Inn for certain!

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank dustnic
Reviewed June 7, 2017

The Village Inn and Tavern is located in beautiful Belgrade Maine. Right between Long Pond, and Great Pond. When you walk in you feel like you are in a lakeside lodge (which you kind of are). Staff was very friendly and quickly sat us down. The place is very cozy and had a wonderful view of the ducks. Complete with fireplace and a HUGE wine selection. We really enjoyed ourselves. Pricey for the average night out but the food was well worth the price.

Date of stay: June 2017