Review Highlights
BEST GOLF EVER!

Reviewed October 19, 2019
649lorir
Gulf Gate Branch, Florida
The only thing better than the course was the overall customer experience

Reviewed August 19, 2019
ScottA1984716

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2019

My husband and I have golfed in many locations throughout the country. Belgrade Lakes course was by far the most enjoyable! The views from each hole were breathtaking. Each hole was uniquely designed taking advantage of the mountain terrain. The perfectly manicured course allowed us to enjoy the day even if our game wasn't as nice.

Date of experience: October 2019
BLGC-Manager, Owner at Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed the course and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

Can't say enough good things about my experience recently at Belgrade Lakes GC. My wife and I went to Maine for a weekend getaway and while in Portland, I took a solo trip up to Belgrade Lakes for a relaxing round of golf. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - first class the entire way.

I shipped my clubs in advance (shout out ShipSticks.com) and received a call from the staff a few days prior to my tee time to let me know when they had arrived. When I got to the course day of, they had my clubs ready and already loaded onto a cart. They also helped me find transportation back to Portland during the round so the car would be ready when I finished up (the course is in a somewhat remote area). After I left, they helped to ensure the clubs were shipped back (again, via ShipSticks), as well.

All in all, the experience couldn't have been any better. I was able to play alone on a Saturday morning and didn't wait for a single shot. The course was in incredible shape and the views were downright stunning.

I would strongly recommend this course for anyone traveling to Maine and looking for a nice golf element of their vacation. Kudos to the entire staff - thank you.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank ScottA1984716
BLGC-Manager, Manager at Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

We really appreciate that you took the time to visit our course while vacationing in Maine. Thank you for your review and I'm pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 30, 2019

After years of hearing about Belgrade Lakes we made the 11/2 trek from Southern Maine .Sadly we found the course to be decent but not memorable. At $180 it is priced at more than twice what it should be. Don’t believe that meet’s Mr Alfond’s vision of serving the “average man “.
Greens were very slow . Doubt they ran 7 . Bunkers had little sand . Hot dog at the turn undercooked ! Overall experience disappointing. Can’t imagine there’s much repeat visits . We are one and done !

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank Capobpe
Reviewed November 6, 2018

A championship golf course that you will remember and that you will add to your favorites to play. This golf course is walk able, challenging, in great shape, nicely designed 18 holes with a naturally beautiful surroundings and incredible rock formation throughout the course. A must see and to play.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed August 1, 2018

What a great golf course out in the middle of nowhere. Incredible views and a whole lot of fun to play. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Pro shop had a fair amount of merchandise. No driving range and just a small window service food service. Fairways were in good shape. Greens were a bit too slow (but maybe has to do with short season in Maine). Several blind shots, but a great challenge. If I lived closer I would play as often as I could. Price may cause some people concern, but it is worth it.

Date of experience: July 2018
BLGC-Manager, Manager at Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed visiting our course and we hope to see you again. Thank you for the review.