Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2019

The location was pretty nice, albeit a little out of the way to/from Acadia. The area is nice, but I wouldn't spend a full day there. The cleanliness was okay, but there was some dust and stuff lying around, all in all okay. However - I forgot to pack up my electrical toothbrush and left it in the room. Although being 100% sure that I brushed my teeth at the property in the morning and sending an email to them the next day, they claim to not have found my toothbrush. To me, cleanliness and security are the two things I am most concerned with in a booking, which sadly in this case, cost me my electric toothbrush. In my opinion, the owner was not nice and was even threatening me about writing a review. I don't care about that, I'd much rather warn others that they might loose things if staying here.
Although I understand that it is an personal hygiene item, you can easily remove the brush head and you have a nice toothbrush worth €150.
The breakfast was very basic and bread was stale - the basics were covered, but that's it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed October 6, 2019 via mobile

The food was pretty good. The service was not. The waitress took our credit card and had it for over 20 minutes before bringing it back. It’s also in a very remote area. No cell phone signal. There is a guest WiFi available but they will not give you the password. It’s only for people staying at hotel. Which leaves you driving down the road trying to find a signal somewhere else so that you can find directions to your next location. We visited multiple areas and restaurants the week we were in Maine and this was our least favorite experience by far.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2019

Had pizza and beverages here with friends. Lots of local beer choices and they serve cider too. The pizza menu was very extensive with three sizes offered and gluten free crust. The setting is very nice, beautiful dining rooms and good service. Will definitely eat here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

The innkeepers were wonderful! Quaint and so clean! Enjoyed our stay so much! Didn’t get to try the restaurant as it is closed on Mondays, but Tuesday morning when we left, something smelled so terrific that they were preparing!

Room tip: Suite 2 was lovely!
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed December 15, 2018

The Barncastle is a very nice addition to the town of Blue Hill. Its place of residence is stunning, very exclusive environment. The food is marvelous, and our stay there was wonderful. Just the food does take a long time to come, so a suggestion would be to order in advance.

Date of stay: December 2018