1,055 results
All reviews boat shuttle shuffle board casual restaurant the salt water pool cottage room paddle boards ping pong hiking trails the cottages burnt island ocean view beautiful property family vacation fire pit summer camp hot tub great amenities
Reviewed August 30, 2016

I'm torn about how to rate this hotel-31/2 out of 5 would be more accurate. I think it is probably one of the nicest in the area and is on a lovely setting on a spit with views, a couple of pools, a boat and van shuttle into town, other amenities. Staff are hard working and friendly. Having said that it could be improved in several ways
1. With lovely flowers in the grounds, please get rid of the tired artificial flowers which greet you near the front desk
2. More front desk staffing- there is always a line
3. Better pillows- they are weirdly small so that my head kept falling off of them
4. Better breakfast- provide better baked goods and plain non fat yogurt. Omelets, fruit and lattes were good, however.

Some things that probably could not be easily fixed were:
the lack of sound proofing- it sounded like a herd of elephants running over our heads until late the first night but maybe only some children.
the strange shade arrangement which resulted in having to sleep with windows closed and use AC instead of enjoying the beautiful cool Maine night air

Room Tip: partial ocean view had plenty of ocean view for us
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
SPCCapital, Owner at Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Spruce Point Inn for your recent stay in Boothbay Harbor. I'm pleased you enjoyed our setting, guestroom views, amenities, and service. And thank you for your suggestions on the lobby flower arrangement and breakfast pastries.

I'm sorry about the neighbor noise on the first night of your stay. In the future, the front desk can assist when this occurs. You may reach them by dialing "0" on the guest room phone. Please don't hesitate to call on us.

There are seven bed pillows in a king room. Five on the bed and two in the closet. We have had the same pillow type/size for the past five seasons? Guests have been complimentary and ask to purchase the sets all the time. I'm sorry these were not comfortable for you --- let's please discuss before your next visit so we can be sure to provide what you are accustomed to at home.

Thank you again for choosing Spruce Point out of the many wonderful properties in Maine. Have a safe journey. Please feel free to contact me when returning to the resort.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

We spent 3 days at the SP Inn. It is a lovely property with gorgeous gardens and beautiful views. One can enjoy these while sitting in Adirondack chairs throughout the property.
Our room was large with what appeared to be an updated large bathroom, pull out sofa and king bed. The service was wonderful and the bed very comfortable. We thought the food was good. Servings were generous which encouraged splitting and there was a children's menu which was very reasonable. Free muffins were offered in the morning, but that necessitated an early wake up time as they were served only between 6 to 8 AM. There are shuttles either by land or water to visit the downtown.
A simple 15 minute warning was all that was needed to request the van. The description of our room given to us at the time of reservation was very accurate and we did have a more than partial view of the water. Kayaks, bikes, and child toys are available. Even though the resort was full, it did not appear so.

Now, for the cons...the walls are paper thin. One could literally hear everything. We were very conscious of this and often found ourselves whispering. Unfortunately those next to us were not as considerate. We met others staying in other buildings who expressed the same concern. The room was clean, but, had thin scratchy towels and outdated dark furniture, of which some was in disrepair. Our deck chairs were not rockers, but rather two very uncomfortable hard wood chairs.

There are two rather small pools, one waterside. The other is adjacent to the childrens' activity center and is taken over by that group by late morning. Be advised that no alcohol is permmited around the pool and no lifeguards are present. Children under 14 are required to have an adult present at the pools. Unfortunately I observed that some families stupidly did not follow this rule. This is a family resort. Expect to see many young children and dogs. This suggests that possibly one can assume that this is not exclusive to the summer months. I emphasize that if anyone has any walking limitations, this is not the place for you. The property necessitates walking up or down hills and there are stairs with no elevators. Remember, this is an old New England property.

Room Tip: Upper floors - don't stay in Loon - too noisy
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Michele R
SPCCapital, Owner at Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us this past week. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay overall.
Thank you for the wonderful compliments.

I'll definitely inspect your guest room in the Loon Lodge first thing in the morning. These are recently refreshed rooms with new furnishings. Nothing should be out of sorts. We did choose a natural tone wood for the split-level and painted furniture for the living area. I'm so sorry the decor did not meet your expectations and that the Adirondack chairs on the porch were not comfortable for you.

As the peak summer season comes to a close over Labor Day, the ambiance of the Inn will transition and there will be fewer families and more couples. It's a time for connecting with your loved one...dinner in 88, beautiful sunset, cracking fire at the s'mores station. I do hope that you will return.

If you would be interested in trying us again, please let me know.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Relaxing. Beautiful grounds. Great food and lovely dining room. Loved that most activities free once onsite (bikes, paddle boards, kayaks, and boat to Boothbay). Friendly, well-trained staff. However, the mattress in our cottage room sunk toward the middle and the head was lover than the foot of the bed. My husband's back spasmed painfully (and he usually has no back issues). Also no place for toiletries in bath or to put on make up in bedroom. Unfortunate, because this is a beautiful resort -but not worth the money without a good night's sleep.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit. I'm so glad the Inn was relaxing and beautiful with great dining options. All of the Inn guest rooms received new plush top beds over the past three seasons and our guests have been very pleased. I see that you stayed with us in Sunset C, woodland cottage room. I'm so sorry that the bed was not comfortable...I'll inspect the guest room tomorrow morning and see that the bed is replaced as needed.

Thank you again for visiting. I do hope you will return in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

My husband and I have been to boothbay harbor many times. Staying at this resort gave us a new perspective on the area. It was close enough to everything but gave us the quiet of the seacoast. All the hotel staff were great! We brought our dog and everyone was very accommodating. The pool staff took the time to get our dog who was nervous down the dock to get on on the boat. The atmosphere of the resort, staff, and guests that we met made our trip one we will always remember! Don't miss the s'mores at the campfire each night. We stayed in a cottage room which was a good size but the bathroom was extremely small. The room overall was fine but not luxury. Some sounds can be heard from the other rooms. Still a great overall experience!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are really great!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

The Spruce Point Inn is a charming inn on the water at Boothbay. The view of the harbor is delightful. The accommodations are very nice, ours were spacious, clean and well cared for. There are many attractions to keep a family busy. The highlight is the very nice 88 restaurant which serves exceptionally good cuisine, offers an excellent wine choice and superb service.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple