1,055 results
All reviews boat shuttle shuffle board casual restaurant the salt water pool cottage room paddle boards ping pong hiking trails the cottages burnt island ocean view beautiful property family vacation fire pit summer camp hot tub great amenities
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the moment you enter the property you know that your stay will be something special. Everything comes together to assure a memorable stay. The breathtaking views, welcoming and accommodating staff, comfortable rooms and delicious food all combine to create a lasting impression. It’s just a little slice of heaven!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for luxury, this cottage room isn't that. It had 2 queen beds, then a separate room with a twin bed. The furniture is old & distressed ("quaint"?). The entire property is expansive, with a lot of room options. Unfortunately, our room was just ODD. It was one of four units in a small cottage. Tiny little bathroom, with a mildewed shower curtain. Scary older electrical sockets. On our vacation we stayed, and pre-paid, in 9 different facilities. Altho I had pre-paid here, I was hit with a $41.19 "nightly charge" fee upon checking out. No complimentary breakfast, altho one of their restaurants was open for customers. The female staff was curt, both in checking in & checking out. The ladies were not welcoming or helpful either time.

Room Tip: This inn is certainly in the higher level of mid-range. Too expensive for the old room.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank broncobetsy
SPCCapital, Owner at Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear broncobetsy,

Thank you very much for your overnight stay on October 11th in our Woodlandview Cottage Room Sunset D. I'm pleased you enjoyed our location and grounds. I am sorry to hear that the accommodations did not meet your expectation of luxury and therefore your stay was just average this time.

I completely understand and agree that this is not one of our luxurious accommodations. We do have a variety of room types from the original cottages with cozy pine-paneled baths to recently constructed modern lodge guestrooms with luxury bathrooms that have large soaking tubs and separate walk-in showers. I do hope that you will return someday and feel free to contact me directly when making your reservation. I would be pleased to help plan your visit and find the best accommodation for your enjoyment.

I looked up how you booked your visit to make sure our photo and description were accurate and found that you booked a Woodlandview Cottage Room with 2 Queen beds and a single twin directly through our website. The image on the reservations engine is that of Sunset D which is described as "200 square feet, a traditional private guestroom within one of four free-standing Cottages. Cottage Rooms combine traditional coastal cottage painted pine wainscoting and décor and private porches with traditional Adirondack chairs. Cottage rooms are either Woodlandview or Oceanfront".

I sincerely regret that we got off track at this point of the booking. Please know that we would have been pleased to move you to another accommodation had we known of the missed expectation.

The rate for Sunset D was $207.00 that evening. Maine's lodging tax of 10% and a resort fee of 10% is added at the end of the stay and paid at check-out. A deposit of $207.00 was taken at the time of booking and therefore the $41.19 was due at check out. You signed off on this policy at the time of booking but again I recognize that we just did not connect on these details.

For future guests, the resort fee at Spruce Point covers all amenities and activities except Spa services and sailboat charters. You will not find add-on charges on your bill.

Breakfast is available daily from 8AM to 11AM. There is an extensive buffet offered with an omelette Chef as well as a limited a la carte menu. For those just looking for a lite bite on the go - complimentary muffins are available each day in the lobby from 6AM to 8AM. Complimentary coffee is available 24 hours in the lobby and of course in your guestroom.

If you choose to participate in our "green program" we are also pleased to provide a daily resort credit of $10.00 for use in all of our restaurants. The information regarding our "green program" is located in our guestroom compendiums as well as in a framed print in the accommodation bathroom.

Spruce Point enjoys a high repeat guest ratio. We have fashioned our policies and amenities based on our guests input over the past 20 plus years that we have owned the resort. This said, I understand and accept that some of our policies may be slightly different than other resorts.

Again, thank you very much for your visit and review. I greatly appreciate your input and look forward to connecting with you someday. I do hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s like a glam Catskills resort from the ‘50s. Each room is beautifully appointed, some with pot belly stoves. I had a soft down quilt, a balcony with Adirondack chairs overlooking the bay and salt water pool. Food was marvelous. Trails to hike, cozy fireplace in common area. A rustic woodsy feel to the place, beautiful landscaping.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear EBJ99,

Thank you so much for your visit and wonderful review. It's an honor to know that you really enjoyed your stay and would return again in the future.

We have restored, expanded and updated the Spruce Point Inn resort over the past 27 years and are honored that our vision as "Maine's Classic Oceanside Resort, classic heritage in today's lifestyle", has resonated with you and so many other return guests.

We are an authentic and award winning resort often described as "the real deal" by our guests and the hospitality community. We've taken the time and expense to retain the original architecture and ambiance of the resort while adding modern amenities for guest comfort. We also constructed 60 new modern lodge rooms over this period as well to replace some of the lodge rooms that had fallen into disrepair back in the late 1980's. These accommodations offer upscale amenities for today's luxury traveler but we have also been very careful to match the design and decor of these newer accommodations together with the classic ambiance and substantial history of the resort.

Guests often comment about arriving at Spruce Point...driving through the gates and being transported in time and place. It's just a very very special location that has been well-cared for by generations of family operators. I am often saying to guests, friends and family that it is like living in a postcard. And, even after all these many years, I am still enamored by how unique and special this resort is and how it calls so many to return year after year for the Maine vacation tradition.

Thank you again for your visit and review. I hope that you have a warm and safe off-season and will look forward to your return in 2019.

Until then!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been to SPI a few times before with family and to enjoy a family reunion. It's always been a treat. I went back this year alone. I needed some downtime to recharge my batteries. The classic Maine charm came through again. What a great facility and group of people. Heaven.

Room Tip: Love the west facing cottages, sunsets and a great harbor view. Fireplaces!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Tomb-FL,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and many repeat visits! Keep in touch this winter and we will look forward to your return in 2019!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rented Cardinal Cottage- adorable little place but view is only of fence at back of restaurant. Efforts made to compensate with landscaping but still disappointing. Most frustrating though was constant loud rhythmic whirring noise from restaurant vent heard even with all doors and windows closed. Also listened to grill scraping and staff spitting behind restaurant fence. Had to fix loose lattice on deck banging in breeze at 4am.

Comments made to staff at desk but no follow-up from management. Outwardly gorgeous place but cannot recommend- did not come close to meeting expectations, esp with high cost of stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank RRip8203

Dear RRip8203,

Thank you very much for your visit. I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a relaxing night and that the Cardinal Cottage location did not meet your expectations.

I look forward to speaking with you today and learning more about your stay. I will also be at the resort this morning to inspect and correct ANY kitchen fan noise. I’ve not had any previous comments regarding this so I can certainly understand how it could have affected your enjoyment.

For future guests, you may find booking information and photos of the Cardinal Cottage on our website under accommodations, cottages, woodlandview. Cardinal is one of the most popular lodgings at the resort located just behind the Inn -adjacent to our kitchen garden and resort fire pit.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for additional information.

Angelo DiGiulian, Co-Owner and Innkeeper adigiulian@sprucepointinn.com