Never have been to Maine...neighbors go every year and love it...so i thought i would try it...booked online.. Browns wharf Inn,because it was on the harbor and the rooms had balconys...its not a hotel, its a motel they just recently added a 3rd floor with elevator.
the rooms are average small bath serves the purpose (clean towels everyday) only problem i had and was very disappointed in was our room location...down the far right side of the harbor closest to the road...yes i had a balcony and never sat out once in 5 days wanted to see boats not cars...when i booked i did ask for a front harbor room............i ask for a room change at check in they said they would let me know and of cause they didnt......we did go down and sit on the deck in the front of the harbor which is really nice...if your a person whos into nightlife you might not want to go here...everything pretty much closes around 830pm......there are a few that stay open alittle later. Boothbay Harbor is a pretty little fishing village with friendly nice people. You can ride around finding little harbor villages and light houses...day trips like whale watching see puffins and dolphins is fun...walking through village shops.....go into nearby towns like damarisotta, bath ect. ,,,,,Food..Lobster Deck for lunch not fancy order and they bring it.My husband loved the lobster roll....I loved the Boathouse in the village got caught in a rainstorm and ran into this resturant...we enjoyed some wine had a cheese platter... great friendly service turned out to be a nice afternoon...all in all a nice vacation i would go back to Browns Wharf but must have a front harbor room.....Its nice to watch the village wakeup boats going out early to pull up crab and lobster nets.....they do have their own resturant we didnt try it so i cant comment...... thought it was alittle exspensive,but it is on the Harbor, clean and most of the other guest have been going back for years
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brown's Wharf Inn Hotel, Marina and Restaurant is located directly over the ocean on beautiful Boothbay Harbor. All rooms have balconies and a commanding view of the harbor, the ocean and boating activities. Cable TV, telephone, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons, in-room safes, Wi-Fi, use of computer, park and lock parking. Restaurant has been owned and operated by the Brown Family for the past 74 years, offering a full menu but specializing in local fresh seafood. Inside-outside dining with beautiful sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Brown's Wharf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brown`s Wharf Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Browns Wharf Hotel
- Browns Wharf Motel
- Browns Wharf Inn
- Brown's Wharf Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine