“Great Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Atlantic Ark Inn

Atlantic Ark Inn
Oswego, Illinois
“Great Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We had a wonderful stay for six nights! Devon and Michele are very personable and do an excellent job. The Inn was exceptionally clean. Breakfast every morning was delicious and varied every day. They were very Gracious and accommodating. We highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Glenn Dale
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My wife and I, traveling with another couple, were referred to this property by another local B&B...and we were so glad they did! It was charming in all respects, warm and inviting. Donna, the owner, greated us on arrival, who introduced us to her staff, Devon and Michelle. They were wonderful and very helpful with anything we needed. Our room, Tranquility, was well appointed, very comfortable and clean(as was the entire inn), with a great view of the harbor. Breakfast was delicious and just what we needed to start the day exploring all the nearby shops and galleries just a short walk across the footbridge into town. Local restuarants were equally good. We highly recommend this inn if your travels take you to Boothbay Harbor.

Cumberland Center, Maine
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed in the smallest, and yet, romantic room. It was very comfortable. The room possessed a "home" like feeling. Meeting Devon and Michelle was very pleasent. They were curtious with their smile and hospitality. The B&B is 5 glorious walking minutes away from the foot bridge. It is conviently located around several attractions. We enjoyed waking up in the morning and eating a beautiful and appealing breakfast, all-the-while, having conversations with the staff and the other guests around the world. After our day of various excursions, it was nice to come back and feast on cheese and crackers. Overall, our stay was pleasent and romantic. We plan on traveling back to Boothbay Harbor next summer, and we will be staying at this perfect B&B.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Bath, pa
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the inn for a couple of nights right after Labor Day. Our room was the "Bliss" on the third floor. Beautiful view of harbor from queen size bed and small balcony. Very comfortable furniture and bed. Very nice bathroom with jacuzzi tub, but no shower, which was ok, but a little surprising. The inn is decorated with antiques, very tastefully done, in my opinion. Not loaded with knick knacks, pillows, etc. Very clean establishment! . And the breakfasts were very good.; cooked by Devon, the innkeeper. Very good restaurants we could walk to and footbridge into town is just short distance walk. We would definitely recommend this inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I only know that our room the "Bliss" had a harbor view, on the third floor. Possiblyn a...
Chisholm, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We didn't see much of the owner (Donna) but her staff was always available and Very, VERY helpful.
My wife absolutely loved the cheese and crackers set out in the afternoon, the treats made fresh every evening and the breakfast's were fit for royalty!! I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

At first I was nervous about the breakfast's because of some of the reviews I had read about being strictly vegetarian as I am a big meat eater! But my nerves were calmed after the first morning. There wasn't any meat, but Holy moly can they cook. I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

The staff is originally from Jamaica and I was just there last year and I can tell you Donna must've stole the best cook from the Island!! I definately plan on returning to Maine and when I do you can bet I'll be taking a trip up to the Atlantic Ark Inn and staying for a couple!!
I would recommend to anyone!!

ROOM= A+ (GREAT VIEW)
STAFF=A+
EXPERIENCE= OF A LIFETIME!

Thank youz for a GREAT HONEYMOON!!

Room Tip: The Bliss was awesome!! High ceilings, spacious, the spa/tub and walk out terrace were very romantic...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The stay was fabulous, the room was great, breakfast was a treat. We had such a relaxing week end in Boothbay Harbor.

Room Tip: If you wan the maximum romantic experience stay in
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed hare for two nights with our two kids. It was a wonderful experience, the owner, Donna was not there but we were wonderfully cared for by Devon and Michelle. They were really helpful and gracious. The breakfasts as cooked up by Devon were amazing. We will recommend this B & B to everybody who goes to Booth Bay. The anytime tea and coffee and cheese in the afternoon are wonderful touches and gives this B & B and edge over the others.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family